Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Item Suggestion: Unbound Footwear
In addition, we could use an item that removes the status, like feetopener.
[Image: rwFTX1T.png]
"Kameron8" Wrote:I think adding class specific skills is a poor way to address the issue of immobilize becoming more accessible -- instead of 'Be a martial artist or you die', the problem just expands to 'Be a martial artist or X or you die'. It seems far more intuitive to add the countermeasure as an item.
If it were a usable item that cured Immobilize, perhaps. But we do not need to create an equipment that will allow kiting builds to go completely unchecked, which can be just as 'unfair' to fight against. It also seems a bit hypocritical that you bring up a greater amount of checks to Silence compared to Immobilize, but then go against the suggestion to up the number of checks to Immobilize. Regardless of whether or not an item is implemented, I fail to see how increasing Immobilize-cleansing skills is unhelpful or harmful to the growing number of ways of inflicting the status.
[Image: a2794117f3.png]
[12:53:15 AM] Chaos: don't hit dyst
[12:53:18 AM] Chaos: that's cruelty to animals
[12:53:20 AM] Chaos: you have to shoot it
[12:53:20 AM] Dystopia: ye
"Chaos" Wrote:I fail to see how increasing Immobilize-cleansing skills is unhelpful or harmful to the growing number of ways of inflicting the status.

Because that doesn't open the option up to everyone, however implementing an item as you said may do that, but it only does it once, and with skills such as quicksand being without a cooldown, immobilize can be reapplied at a whim, I believe that Kameron's intention is not to bring up a cure specific to a class but more so an equipment slot or an item slot, item slots have limited use while equipment slots have a substantial slot in anyone's build.

I believe the intention is to make it so that someone can plan around immobilize should they wish, and not be rendered useless for having no status resistance versus a doriad or heaven forbid a tank mage with a blacksand.
It's best for all players to have access to counter-play against Immobilize in some form instead of having to resort to specific classes to battle, or in the worst cases, omniclassing which some people claim to do because otherwise they can't deal against something. I don't think it's healthy to encourage this sort of thing, let alone keeping some classes left in the dust because they didn't happen to get a skill/spell that helped them deal with Immobilize.

Unless every base class gets a way to combat it, then I think it's better for an item to be able to assist with the issue.
[Image: Fern22.gif]
[Image: unknown.png]