Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Updating the Kill Consent Rule
Word? I'll hold them from behind and you beat the plant with a baseball bat.

Plus, I haven't really seen people being childish about having their chars taking an L, mostly because they're just making a fool of themselves to see, let's say, a lot of people succumbing to a random explosion, getting wounded and such on a situation that they CAN be, while they shrug off and justify with eyes crossed "BODE OF EHSESIP IMMA MONKE HEH."

Ugly.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
My stance on this is I feel that alterations of the violent sort that lead to limb loss or loss of other body parts or functions should be consented by both parties before being carried out. Like with the now deceased Raigen, Spoops asked if I was cool with the risks in the rp. I gave the ok because oocly I know that if I didn't want him to ever be in risky situations I wouldn't guide him to such. It's more interesting for characters to react in such situations (admittedly I enjoyed typing out the conflict more than the pvp that resulted in loss of his arm...) but that's sidetracking. Point is, good RPers know to allow consent for such things on both sides for an enjoyable conflict.
OOC Devourer Of Souls: it makes me feel like someone slipped me acid laced water
Generally it is something both parties should have a say in, like Raigen says, IMO. This isn't an official statement or ruling, just my opinion.