Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Discussion] On the removal of Stat Traits
"Neus" Wrote:If some people aren't using as many stat point traits as others it means that they aren't as heavily affected by the change either. I don't see any particular reason why everyone should get overcompensated for the sake of the people who were running a lot of them.

"Snake" Wrote:Well then. Expect this discussion explode again, once stuff hits live.

It will be either that, or the 'highest plausible status' being 40-45 scaled in all stats, and none more, which will promote better builds that can do everything.

I'm partial on the wait and see approach here, I just think that bumping up SPL while taking away Well Fed stat buffs will just make the stat system more fair to everyone as a whole, and maybe some people are going to get more stats than intended, but I don't think the net gain will be catastrophically huge and uncontrollable as you think it will be Dev, I did some crunching to figure out if I was overthinking this or not but here's some examples I did in the stat calculator, please read under the spoilers.

With the current system, 3.5 SPL, with traits and everything, a Kensei/BK (The classic combo) with a versatile stat spread, equipped with a cat mask and a jupiter badge. (This build includes Fugu Katsu's well fed buff, as do most builds these days.)

[Image: 090hHVi.png]
As you can see its a overly versatile spread, allowing the duelist to 1v1 effectively, but likely suffer in team fights due to the severe lack of magic DR, as well as to hit builds because their CEL is not nearly as specialized as their SKI is.

With stat traits being removed, same build and no compensation for stats is adjusted, still with Fugu Katsu's well fed buff.

[Image: kb8ipv9.png]
Overall stat value has been lost, but the Katana in question is probably a majority SKI scaling one anyways, allowing them to hit most builds uncontested more than likely, though the loss of the stats from the trait loss isn't immediately obvious, it still puts a hole in the build keeping in mind that this build is not new person friendly either, this is still with a lot of accessories and items and skills that just give stat buffs.

And finally, in an ideal situation where 4 SPL is a thing and Fugu Katsu's well fed stat buff is removed, here are the stat changes. (I simply added 30 points to SKI to sort of emulate this.)
[Image: 69yqXM1.png]
The overall stat spread is almost extremely similar to the first post, with only a small change in LUC, the net stat gain for this 12 trait build (Which I'd argue is the absolute standard) is a mere 3 point difference, some people would be gaining or losing more, but not even close to an uncontrollable amount, this is what I believe to be more fair on everyone.
Stat food has always being something I found tedious. Upping the points per level and removing the stats gained would even things out for the general playerbase as it's only really the "elite" using fugu katsu anyway
-------------------------------------------------
[Image: 1599085341408.gif]
It would also allow them to just use foods that don't give stats but other benefits. It doesn't really solve much.
I don't really see this moving anywhere until the Trait rework is actually in game then, maybe something can be done when that happens, maybe I'm blowing the impact the stat loss will have way too much, Ill kindly recollect my thoughts for now and hopefully change my outlook when that happens then.
Well the thing is right now fugu kastu is the hip meta food. I dont there is any other food effect that really matches it. +2 to all stats. People make builds around this and it can provide quite the advantage. If there were no stat foods and they all had other effects...hmm food rework when? Big Grin

But yeah we should probably see what happens. People will make meta builds that bring salt either way I suppose.
-------------------------------------------------
[Image: 1599085341408.gif]
I don't want to make any preemptive changes to stat totals or anything like that, so yes, I ask that people wait until the trait rework is in the game for now.
Godspeed Dev. Godspeed.
[Image: tenor.gif]