Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Discussion] On the removal of Stat Traits
I changed my mind. I'm on board with this suggestion instead.
[Image: rwFTX1T.png]
Yes! I entirely support this.
[Image: tumblr_p8bmjgZdqv1qc5j12o1_400.gif]
[Image: 182.gif]
I want to point out Dev's arguement that everyone's going down by the same amount of stats and say... Well, that just isn't true. Some people use more of these stat traits than others, so some people will be hit HARD by this, compared to others. Some people only use three trees, some use four, some use five
[Image: 400px-Nihilus%2C_the_Abyssal_Flame.gif]
Ending 145: Disappointed in Humanity
I fully agree with this change, while also being somewhat excited for the new traits.
"Neus" Wrote:Does it really matter when everyone is going down by the same total number?

It varies just a little, some people lose a bunch of stats while others do not, its a build to build basis really, but also there are some builds in the game currently that just require too many stats to run effectively, anything running GUI (But not limited to) is a huge example of these, even VAs sometimes have trouble building.

Raising the stat per level total as I suggested in the OP would probably keep stats at the same value they are now, while setting everyone on a more fair playing field stat wise, as currently its just min maxing even more than pre-GR days with food buffs like Fugu Katsu, LEing multiple times to get even more stats so that your build doesn't just get stomped by people who just out-stat you.

Also again, with less stats going around, people will feel a lot less inclined to invest into STR or even CEL probably, as they will be so much harder to invest into while keeping your other more important stats relevant.

A point brought up earlier is that people might be annoyed going through each of their characters and reworking their stats, the only thing I'd be annoyed at is compensating some stats for other stats.

I would say it does matter quite a bit, I'd like to hear if you have any ideas too.
I agree with the OP, it puts up a fair point.

The 'lack' of points we will have is all thanks to how we settled down on Great Reckoning's balance, including Trait and History points and Legend Extension, but also we didn't quite preview Traits being reworked this way. Upping the SPL will only make things fair.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
Personally I'd want to see how it'd actually look once stat traits were removed.

However, stat points are on such a stranglehold that you basically have to pile on as many uses for the stats you pump up as possible. The 'softcap in half the stats is overpowered' mentality you had from very long ago, Dev, has been very much disproven, given that even if half of them were softcapped by base stats, you would still have six stats that got dumped. There is no combo that can cover all bases, especially with defensive functions split over seven stats. It would, however, allow for more varied/quirky builds, i.e. a melee build that uses FAI for light damage/Holy/Blessed.

That aside, there is some stuff that is currently possible due to the Stat Traits. Even if it was a 'everyone gets brought down' scenario, you are still going to see some builds suffer more than others, which is more to say they're getting two heapings of suffering compared to just one.

I'd say for the sake of covering for the holes that'd be left by the Stat Traits, and for further improvements, just go ahead and bump the SPL up to 4 and see how it goes.
[Image: a2794117f3.png]
[12:53:15 AM] Chaos: don't hit dyst
[12:53:18 AM] Chaos: that's cruelty to animals
[12:53:20 AM] Chaos: you have to shoot it
[12:53:20 AM] Dystopia: ye
If some people aren't using as many stat point traits as others it means that they aren't as heavily affected by the change either. I don't see any particular reason why everyone should get overcompensated for the sake of the people who were running a lot of them.
I can't really see anything healthy coming from -more- stats per level without first adjusting diminishing returns (and putting a cap to dr)
Well then. Expect this discussion explode again, once stuff hits live.

It will be either that, or the 'highest plausible status' being 40-45 scaled in all stats, and none more, which will promote better builds that can do everything.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]