Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fitting Form Buff
Fitting Form's effect is currently as follows:

Quote:Ghosts, as in the spectres, do not typically carry a lot of weight in their appearance, so it is only fitting when Ghost duelists follow suit. Increases your Hit and Critical when using weapons with 5 weight or less based on Rank.

Add the following effect and note to the end of the paragraph:

Quote:At max Rank, weapons with 5 weight or less count as being as 20 or more weight for the purposes of Two-Hand.
[Image: 7y3oPuY.png]
I don't think that's a good idea, it seems pretty intentional for the high weight and low weight benefits to be at odds here and I actually like how it is currently where it's a choice between raw power (20% SWA for heavy two-handing) or a mix of power, extra accuracy and crit (10% SWA for two-hand, +20 hit and +10 crit for lightweight two-handing).

Perhaps buffs are necessary to make Fitting Form seem more appealing instead: either making it more effective by returning it to 20 hit and 20 crit or adding a secondary bonus that grants an evade and magic armor bonus while wearing Armor under 5 Weight.
[Image: 95e2774f19.png]
Adding some form of defensive bonus to it would be nice. That way there is actually some choice between the the two rather than just picking damage option A or damage option B
-------------------------------------------------
[Image: 1599085341408.gif]
Would adding +20% chance to Wraithguard be a suitable idea, perhaps?
Personally I'd rather see it work independently of wraithguard. Although I don't think there is anything unbalanced about what you are suggesting. Perhaps X% to Physical and magic resistance?
-------------------------------------------------
[Image: 1599085341408.gif]
Why not 15% Hit and 15% Critical at max rank? It sure would make it rival Kensei in terms of hitting.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
Perhaps a tiny buff to the amount of hit and crit you gain from it, along with 2% per rank crit damage?
Alternatively, weapons further under 5 weight could gain +2 hit and crit additionally. So, if you have a 2 weight weapon you would get +6 more hit and crit compares to the current effect.
"Snake" Wrote:Why not 15% Hit and 15% Critical at max rank? It sure would make it rival Kensei in terms of hitting.

Percentages wouldn't be a smart idea I think, a simple change like returning it to +20 Hit and Crit is good like Sly said, alternatively you could make it so that wielding a weapon with fitting form also gives evade, as Ghost severely lacks that right now.

Something like: +4/8/12/16/20 Evade.
I mean. My only thought behind making this a percentage is because by using Fitting Form, they're throwing aside:

- Dragon Remains.
- Two-Handed.
- Skill Points that could be used in bonus RES or bonus HP.

Fitting Form at the moment, and with the suggested buffs, will be more an attempt to salvage the lack of quality weapons than holding utility in combat. (Mainly because it doesn't compare with Kensei's natural buffs/debuffs to Hit/Crit at 'all'.) But the only thing that could get worrying is Ether Invitation. Depends on what we want to be dealing with, really.

And at it granting Evade? Sure. That's also another concern I had with Ghosts. They can't dodge, even if they build for high CEL and LUC. I agree with the bonuses.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]