Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fitting Form Buff
As someone that plays a -lot- of Duelists, I can confirm that Ghost doesn't have much in the dodge department, if at all. They tend to have slightly more hit and survival compared to a Kensei, but when it comes to critical and evade, they're pretty outclassed in comparison.

It wouldn't be awfully catastrophic to make Fitting Form give +20 Hit, Crit and Evade at max rank. If anything it'd give more temptation to players to not immediately chalk off Kensei as the "go-to" Duelist promotion. I have seen a very large amount of people try out Ghost and soon enough ditch it for wielding a katana with Dragon Remains.

It's saddening because Ghost used to be a pretty fun class (in my opinion) and now it feels fairly awkward to run in the majority of cases. It's just that thought in the back of your head going:

"Why am I running this when I can get Dragon Remains, max Two Hand bonus, and a lot more evade with critical rate? Heck, even FP regen."

So yes, I can get behind Fitting Form granting evade, and I'd dare say it should get a minimal magic armor bonus too. Probably +2 magic armor per rank.
[Image: Fern22.gif]
[Image: unknown.png]
As someone who primarily plays Ghosts I can testify to the weakness of Fitting Form. And while I don't think this is necessarily a step in the right direction for the class, it'd serve as somewhat of a buffer until something proper could be done. My reason for this being that increased crit and evade would do very little to sway the hearts of people, because Kensei is still far, far superior and geared towards both aspects, with less investment.

Ghost hasn't aged very well with the addition of all the new classes and items. And making it compete with Kensei on the areas it excel at would be an effort in futility.

In my personal opinion, it should be swayed towards survival over sheer offense. Perhaps by giving more evade. A bonus to the Evasion-skill, or perhaps even additional Eviter chance for sticking below 5 weight.
Any chance that Ghost can get an edge against Kensei, especially when it addresses issues so common in the current meta, I will approve. Though, I am leaning more towards the evade side of things. It can go anywhere, really.