Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RE: FLeeing Rules
Hey, this is a post regarding the Fleeing Rules. From what we've seen about them ICly, the rules need to be worked a bit more. A group of four somehow was able to get away when 20+ people were ready to get them. Post what your suggestions here I suppose folks.
"Can I get a hell yeah?"
"No"
I feel like Cellsvich needs it's own special rules regarding this because thats the only place this becomes an issue.
-------------------------------------------------
[Image: 1599085341408.gif]
Maybe the arena too?
It's not the fleeing rules themselves that are an issue, it's the issue of the fleeing rules being exploitable, in my opinion.
[Image: unknown.png]
Arena would be much harder to secure IC that the Capital of Sigrogana. Cellsvich had many guards gatehouses and walls. The Arena just has a few guards.
@GSM is right, it's pretty easy for a group to exploit them. Like a 4 man group can somehow evade a circle around them technically with the rules.
"Can I get a hell yeah?"
"No"
I wouldn't call it an exploit it's the rules working as intended. The real problem is the fact that because someone managed to flee from one group of people in battle they somehow manage to get past the 100s of NPC guards and the gatehouses too. With no checks. Of course having a fight in Cellsvich shouldn't be an auto lose either. I imagine the rules were made this way to avoid a 6 hour conveyorbelt of battles every time an organised team fights happens in Cells.

Another issue raised was how downed party members were allowed to flee along with the one who fled. Honestly it might be time to really consider implementing that each person has to flee a battle individually. Still can't really get past the oddity of it just needing one person for a 4 man squad to run away.
I’d only want individual fleeing from this suggestion- otherwise, mob mentality and event swarming can make fleeing near impossible.

EDIT: Preventing downed members from fleeing is good too.
[Image: rwFTX1T.png]
Considering we'll have to make due with the rules as they are currently, since individual fleeing is not a thing right now, I'd maybe second not letting downed people escape, unless there's suitable RP for it otherwise.
[Image: 400px-Nihilus%2C_the_Abyssal_Flame.gif]
Ending 145: Disappointed in Humanity
arguably since combat takes so long compared to world travel I'd make a rule that anyone arriving to the scene of combat after combat starts shouldn't count towards the flee check.

Also in cells its reasonable a group could get to the mages guild and teleport out before a guard to could attempt to block the guild. This should be an opposed check between one blocker and the runners where they then have to re attempt to flee the area since the guild has been blocked to them.

the thing is fleeing needs to have a chance of success and due to the prevalence of the 'hero' gangbangs it should be weighted in the flee side not the capture side.