Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Abandon ship!
Can the option 'Flee' be individual, and not affect the battle going? It shouldn't really bring bugs in my opinion, since doing so 'was' a bug back then.

You could quit from your party mid-battle and the battle would kick you out. So, just make it so whenever someone that's not the Leader attempts to flee, they'll escape alone.

Or even make this one Trait called 'Cowardice' or 'Lone wolf', idk.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
I'd prefer if fleeing was individualized regardless of scenario. However, if fleeing is done multiple rounds in a row by the same person, add in 20% extra chance per repeated round (so that people with normally 10% flee chance, for example, can still have a chance to run.)
[Image: rwFTX1T.png]
Ultimately it might be a better change than changing flee to only work when you haven't taken an action in the same turn, sure.

So long as this doesn't make it so people can tag into a fight, that'd be the opposite of making fights faster.
If this was added, if you flee a fight, you shouldn't be able to rejoin.
[Image: rwFTX1T.png]
I thought the same, Sawrock. People who 'abandon ship' shouldn't get back in it.

This is mostly less because of IC reasons, and more in a case where you need to AFK in PvP, which is ass when the fights are 4x4.
i think what spoops is referring to is having this nonstop stream of in party (A/B/C/D), C flees and the moment he's gone E joins instead. then when D starts losing his buddy F swaps out with him. then when they finally have A on the ropes he flees and is replaced by G, and so on and so forth.
Exactly, it'd turn very quickly into a battle that just won't stop ever, at the very least to its credit it'd be far more realistic when 20 people are in town wanting to beat up someone for causing trouble.
Still good, though. If you don't want fight in this 'open battle', then just nyoom away. Unless you're a tank. Then well... Eventually those swap-outs will end.

Plus, this could warrant making Flee become a static 25% chance for 'lonewolves', as a penalty, so it's not really a reliable tactic.
In my opinion, if you lock the character slot to other people joining the battle, this would be ideal, but also allow the option to flee as a party if every single member is at the arena's edge.
Should be a debuff if someone on your side flees so that everyone can't get away.