Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GM Undersaturation
We did see the Ephemeral group test things a bit, and I would foresee it helping a bit to have maybe one extra moderator, just to lessen the burden on Sly and Chaos, but it would be also very nice to possibly have eventmins considered, too, as a seperate thing.
[Image: 400px-Nihilus%2C_the_Abyssal_Flame.gif]
Ending 145: Disappointed in Humanity
Well, the Grindy Goons sure were a one-time fun for GMs. But that was solved and is already past. An army of GMs would probably just be making the decision-making quite blotched and bureaucratic.

And I can bet people make half-assed events nowadays because of how people accept any change in their usual arena-cellsvich-bdp-blackbeasts-arena-repeat roundtrip pace. I don't really expect any big events happening anymore, until the community sits down and stops being so noxiously critic, 'tsundere' or OOCly toxic at the players who 'dare' to provide any sort of conflict, nowadays.

Or rather. More people stepping it up to make their own shit happen, instead of always going for 'Kunai', 'Fern', 'Kira', 'August', 'TRO', 'Shujin', 'Sarah'. It's always us. And always our events get accepted with a shank to the ribs because they're not perfect. Part of the opposition to them are either made of people who want utterly realistic and serious things, another wants something where they want their chars to ICly shine alone, another wants a hardcore challenging PvP scenario.

It's just impossible to please everyone with one strike, and more over when it's always the same people. No wonder it gets boring after what? 4 years straight? Oh wait, almost there. Cometh, 2019.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
Hmm.

Time to make some kind of event then.
"Roland_Staghare" Wrote:With regards to events, I was already sort of testing the waters for interest with Mallus events with the group I put together, but I was largely holding back as frankly, I didn't know and still don't know how I'd go about it. While I would enjoy more eventmins, I think perhaps a set of guidelines and a guide should be assembled for player driven events so its not necessary.

I am not sure, for what you want a guideline here? Do you want tips how to set up one? Because I can tell you that everyone has their own Method on how to go about them.

I personally prefer events that go more in direction of the classic D&D/Pen and paper formula= You have a task and RP accordingly, having everything written out like traps, dialouge with NPC and everone has freeform RP, meaning they can decide the how the event actually goes.-> Ideal for small groups with heavy RP focus, BAD for bigger groups,also not good if you want some PvE in it, because without Admin help you don't get those which Is why I usually don't do many events outside of small groups. Cause I hate bothering the Admin and try to avoid it as much as possible. I don't like being dependant on others for small events, I am used to GMing and have basically free hand in Everything, but thats because I came from a full text based game.

Other people usually do it similiar, set up a house decorate it and put some signs there for narration. Then they either have an GM spawn goons for them, or they have some friends who make a group of "NPC" who are actually repurposed characters and use those-> Good for small-mid sized groups, without admin help needs a lot of people helping you though (to play the enemies).

What you can also do is, tag yourself "OOC" and narrate people personally through something like your playerhouse dungeon.
Ultimately everyone has their own way to drive a plot forward or to narrate it. But this is why many of us have asked for Event tools in private houses, cause that would help us set up our own dungeons and stuff without needing to work with the GMs limited time.
Setting up events in houses also requires you to have enough real money to get the asagos, or enough Murai, and someone willing to trade them, which can be problematic. Then there's trying to build it to make an event space look good, etc, etc.