Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trait Rework
As they stand, the Stat Traits aren't worth keeping. It would be worth keeping the History traits, and a decent amount of the existing, non-Stat Traits, but Stat Traits leaving means that everyone takes the blow, rather than some few.

If I were to have any traits that influenced stats, it would be History traits, and maybe Traits that jumped up one stat but dropped another stat in return. (Pre-determined sets, of course, so people can't just +VIT, -STR for their tank build)
[Image: a2794117f3.png]
[12:53:15 AM] Chaos: don't hit dyst
[12:53:18 AM] Chaos: that's cruelty to animals
[12:53:20 AM] Chaos: you have to shoot it
[12:53:20 AM] Dystopia: ye
See, I would agree with this one but there aren't nearly enough traits to even replace them. Sure, Dev added like 60-70 but this is spread across what? 15-25 races? And a few for general? When you look at it like that? There isn't nearly enough to replace them. If you look on certain races? That's them getting like 5 new trait in total. Like, you can make a human and check your trait page, you literally around what? 10-15 traits to pick from that aren't stats point, history and so on? And some traits that are pointless base on your character so you end up with 3-5 in total. (Bare in mind, you get like 21 trait points, +3 if you LE for some). As much as people want to bat their eyes to think it's alright, this isn't exactly covering the massive gap that'll remain and some races will kinda get the shaft if they aren't "trait filled" like some other races. I do agree with Spoops on this one, might as well keep them but change how they work than remove them, affecting every character and leave a massive gap when it comes to traits. As it stands now, with the new traits and the current stats trait, the game seems alright: Some individuals, if they do like a trait enough, they certainly won't hesitate to sacrifice a stats/exception trait or so on to get the trait they like.
[Image: BAWqB6P.png]
[Image: fa5d9fd2e3f77f27206bb134638b5f28.png]
Stat traits should remain, and if they do go, then it would be best to raise the Stats Per Level and change Well Fed's effect to something else. Likely a very small amount of HP/FP regen.

I went ahead and compiled a list of build samples that would assume stat traits are entirely gone, just to give an idea of the dark path the meta is going to take. As in, it'll become more disheartening. Right click and choose open image in a new tab to see the full screenshot, if the preview is too small!

BASIC:
Note: These don't assume any pre-set modifiers, only the stamps you can obtain in the game at the moment. No stat traits or Exceptional Health / Will.

BK/DH:
[Image: unknown.png]

Monk/Hexer:

Ghost/Kensei:

Kensei/VA:

OPTIMIZED (featuring your best friend Fugu Katsu):
Note: This is also without traits, and assumes the character has all the Legend Aspects. No Exceptional Health / Will.

Most of these factor in Hikari's Blessing (2 WIL 2 FAI)
Most of these also account for all the stat stamps currently in game.

BK/DH

STR weapon main-hand
Boneheart Dragon King Armor
Geoheart Beldam Aegis (4 DEF total) (6 FP upgrade)
Any shoes (6 HP upgrade)
Any accessory
Any secondary accessory

6 DEF from Iron Wall (BK innate)
75 HP from Fortitude (Soldier innate)
2 all stats from Well Fed LV2 (Fugu Katsu)

Monk/Hexer

Magical Comet main-hand
Giant Gene Torso (anything)
Fireheart Dragon King Glove (6 FP)
Any shoes (6 HP)
High Mage's Cape
Dragon King Helmet

3 DEF RES Hexer stat innate
3 SKI CEL Monk stat innate
4 STR WIL Nerhaven
4 STR WIL Woki
10 DEF Astral Belt
2 all stats from Well Fed LV2

10% more HP from Hexer's Endurance.

Ghost/Kensei with a STR weapon

STR Katana main-hand
Fireheart Dragon King Glove (6 FP)
Ogata's Waraji (6 HP) (2 CEL)
Cat Mask (2 CEL 2 LUC)
Lucky Amulet (3 LUC)

5 RES Ghost stat innate
48 HP Ghost Pain Tolerance innate
3 STR 3 SKI Kensei Peerless innate

Kensei/Void Assasin with a Non-STR Dagger (or katana)

Any Dagger that doesn't use STR
Iceheart Chimera Bands (6 FP) (1 all stats)
Ogata's Waraji (6 HP) (2 CEL)
Cat Mask (2 CEL 2 LUC)
Lucky Amulet (3 LUC)

3 STR SKI Kensei Peerless innate
3 SKI RES Void Assasin Black and Blue innate
2 all stats Well Fed LV2 (Fugu Katsu)

This setup can also get +6 or +9 SKI/CEL from Eastern Wind right off the bat.

As you can see, completely focusing into stacking your stats with the help of Fugu Katsu and several items that provide them would become a primary focus, in a Sigrogana Legend 2 without stat traits or a modified SPL. It would essentially make it mandatory for both PVP and PVE, if you want your character to be competent.
[Image: Fern22.gif]
Im gonna agree with fern, that the stat traits should remain, even if its possible to pull of a build without using them. However if they do go, i'd like to see the stats per level be increased slightly to compensate for this.
[Image: Empress_of_Light.gif]
I brought it up before, if SPL is increased from 3.5 to 4, then stat trait's removal will not be as near as big of an impact.
I like stat traits. Ignoring the balance discussion, on a purely Roleplay minded, or game-feel minded basis:
You could have no stat traits, become a bit weaker, not even that much weaker. And take a lot more fun and well rounded traits that define your character as well as all the free time you've spent over the years.

Or you could take stat traits, not have any of those more fluff-filled or fun character rounding traits, and well. Now you've spent your character's free time training and becoming the best he can possibly be. Maybe you don't know how to force feed people cookies, carve arcane tattoos onto your body, or never learned how to summon fairy illusions. But you're pretty damn swole!

And continuing this line of thought, I really, really hope that legend extending or some sort of asago item at the very least allows people to redo traits. Because if I have a character who grows up, over a large amount of real time, i'd hate for them to be stuck as they are. Maybe now I've roleplayed learning how to be a proper medic, or have learned how to pick locks. Now suddenly my year old traits are stuck as they are. If I've already used all the legend ink free trait points, i'd be stuck forever. (Dev said that when he's finished with this new trait system, there won't be any way to change traits.)

I'm fine with there being no EASY way. But I really hope at the very least, Legend Extending still resets all your traits as it sets you back to level one.
Let's be honest here, reowner, as much as you want to believe it'll round out your character, unless you're a undertale base like character or a knight theme, I'm not sure if anything of the new traits will help round out a fun character. It's all base on the character's personality and I for one, can't exactly related considering none of the traits fits mines. I'll agree with Fern on this one; more so, I rather the stats traits to remain.
[Image: BAWqB6P.png]
[Image: fa5d9fd2e3f77f27206bb134638b5f28.png]
I have tried a few a new character and in preparation for the loss of stat traits I tried to not pick any of the stat traits and focus on the the more rp traits. The problem is in the end you have a lot of trait points left over that do just go into the stats because there is nothing else. Sure there was quiet and a few others I could have got but they didn't really fit the character. Hopefully more traits will be added over time to provide lots of choice.
-------------------------------------------------
[Image: 1599085341408.gif]
Yeah, considering the amount of points we'll have once stat traits go, we need more traits that aren't situational to cover it. As it's already been said multiple times, there just aren't enough. 100 or so traits split between a multitude of races, with only some non-exclusive, and a lot of the non-exclusive ones extremely situational for RP, we need more going further with this. Hopefully that gets addressed at some point, because I'd hate for the stat traits to go if they're replaced with something that isn't even all that good at all.
[Image: 400px-Nihilus%2C_the_Abyssal_Flame.gif]
Ending 145: Disappointed in Humanity
renowner post_id=34405 time=1545319070 user_id=402 Wrote:(Dev said that when he's finished with this new trait system, there won't be any way to change traits.)

I didn't say this. There's ways to reset traits in game already besides the testing button.