Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bloody Calamity
This would be a really neat utility skill for Ghost to have in my opinion. Dark Imbue is only for axes.

Bloody Calamity:
This skill costs a percentage of HP to use. You stab yourself with your own weapons causing your blades to be enchanted by your own ghastly blood for X rounds based on rank. Your basic attacks with sword or polearm weapons now have an increased range/hit as well as certain on hit effects that last 2 base rounds.

Rank 1: [strike]5 HP[/strike] 1% HP / +1 range / +20 hit / inflicts fear
Rank 2: [strike]10 HP[/strike] 3% HP/ +1 range / +25 hit / +1 fear duration
Rank 3: [strike]15 HP[/strike] 5% HP/ +1 range / +30 hit / inflicts hesitation
Rank 4: [strike]20 HP[/strike] 10% HP/ +1 range / +35 hit / +1 hesitation duration
Rank 5: [strike]25 HP[/strike] 15% HP/ +1 range / +40 hit / inflicts interference

Changed the hp costs and increased the hit bonus slightly since it now is a percentage of hp.
As cute as this effect is...I don't like the idea of a 6 range Tarnada critting me to activate a vydel...Also inflicting fear and hesitation, but this buff without the added attack range is just fine.
OOC Devourer Of Souls: it makes me feel like someone slipped me acid laced water
The interference is a bit overbearing in my opinion, especially for a menial HP Cost, it'd have to be a large percentage similar to painproof, but this is akin to Lunar Lunatism which is already a powerful skill that belongs to a race.
"Raigen.Convict" Wrote:As cute as this effect is...I don't like the idea of a 6 range Tarnada critting me to activate a vydel...Also inflicting fear and hesitation, but this buff without the added attack range is just fine.

I think it's quite fine because you can already sidecut people from quite a long range or increase your weapons base range as it is. This is mostly for tanky duelists who cannot simply achieve this due to needing evade to proc flottement. Not to mention any buff can be stolen or nulled or washed away or etc. Fellel alone makes this useless. I really don't see the big iff considering most mages/archers/gunners/even monk/etc can snipe from across the field compared to 6 range for 5 turns.
"Spoops" Wrote:The interference is a bit overbearing in my opinion, especially for a menial HP Cost, it'd have to be a large percentage similar to painproof, but this is akin to Lunar Lunatism which is already a powerful skill that belongs to a race.

Interference can be a bit overbearing however at 2 rounds you're not suffering much. You can just shrug this off with a couple of skills and an item however I wouldn't be against raising the HP cost a little. The reason it has such a menial HP cost is because I didn't want to make it extremely high as ghosts tend to die easier after their wraithguard nerf and it does after all use up 3M/HP to begin with. Also this is on hit effects not an infliction roll, vampires utilize it way easier and in a different manner as it applies to all their skills. This skill actually got inspired from elsewhere. I don't really see how they relate as a lot of skills inflict fear and/or hesitation such as sonic shell, absolute fear, warning shot, etc. Those effects are merely for the fact that ghosts have a hard time dodging usually and there isn't any skill for swords or polearms that helps them build hit besides sharpen which is very low at +16 hit.
It would be more fair if it also inflicted yourself with interference too, for the same duration.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
Sidecut is only in a straight line and is avoided by kiting at diagonals, unless they use a spear then it takes specific positioning to avoid silcut too. Having the added range makes things just that much harder while also inflicting interference... Now if this move took a % of hp like 10-15% then it'd be more fair. I doubt the added interference onto the ghost would be necessary though.
OOC Devourer Of Souls: it makes me feel like someone slipped me acid laced water
Sidecut is only in a straight line and is avoided by kiting at diagonals, unless they use a spear then it takes specific positioning to avoid silcut too. Having the added range makes things just that much harder while also inflicting interference... Now if this move took a % of hp like 10-15% then it'd be more fair. I doubt the added interference onto the ghost would be necessary though.
honestly, long range sidecuts are used by janky swordsman with mainweapon/subweapon ranged weapons to create distance, not close it.
Make it axe compatible.