Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bloody Calamity
"Lolzytripd" Wrote:honestly, long range sidecuts are used by janky swordsman with mainweapon/subweapon ranged weapons to create distance, not close it.

Uhhhh that's one way to use it lol but a lot of people also use it to close distance from kiting.
"Roland_Staghare" Wrote:Make it axe compatible.

Read the first two sentences.
"Raigen.Convict" Wrote:Sidecut is only in a straight line and is avoided by kiting at diagonals, unless they use a spear then it takes specific positioning to avoid silcut too. Having the added range makes things just that much harder while also inflicting interference... Now if this move took a % of hp like 10-15% then it'd be more fair. I doubt the added interference onto the ghost would be necessary though.

Mmm I don't really see how this relates to the percentage cost of defensive capabilities such as painproof to do that since this is after all a utility skill about basic attackers who are duelists which currently evade stacking > hit stacking but I don't mind a slight increase in HP consumption at 8-10% I don't think it lives up to 15%.

Also yeah the added interference to the user isn't a really good idea imo @ kunai as most ghosts are already vampires they don't expect to heal and even if they aren't a vampire they wouldn't want to heal so lol.
[Image: giphy.gif]
"PantherPrincess" Wrote:Read the first two sentences.

I did. Additionally, polearms aren't even a class weapon for Ghost. There is no real reason to leave it axe incompatible.
Polearms currently lack a class identity but I believe that is being saved for duelist's 3rd class at some point.
"Roland_Staghare" Wrote:
"PantherPrincess" Wrote:Read the first two sentences.

I did. Additionally, polearms aren't even a class weapon for Ghost. There is no real reason to leave it axe incompatible.

There is. Axes have a ghost skill already solely for axes with it's own special effect/hit buff which even ties into another ghost axe skill... why do they need further augmentation when they aren't the ones lacking. There's also plenty of ways to work around it such as sword/axe or polearm/axe weapons. And uhhh just because they aren't a class weapon doesn't mean duelist doesn't heavily imply that you can use polearms. (Vent Petale, Sillcut, Couloir, Cyclone Spear, Lance de Lion, even Repel)
"PantherPrincess" Wrote:Also yeah the added interference to the user isn't a really good idea imo @ kunai as most ghosts are already vampires they don't expect to heal and even if they aren't a vampire they wouldn't want to heal so lol.

I don't really see where you're basing this, but great part of the Ghosts I've seen aren't Vampires at all. Not to mention, Interference also stops FP regeneration and who wouldn't want to heal if they aren't a Vampire? Hell, even Vampires would want to with Silvermists in serious fights.

As for the skill in question, I feel like Ghost needs changes in their current set than adding this skill. A big chunky buff of range, and hit, added with three different Crowd-Controls, one of them being heavy to literally everyone (Interference) doesn't seem balanced at all, even with percent cost. It's five buffs in one skill, for 3M.
"Lonestar" Wrote:
"PantherPrincess" Wrote:Also yeah the added interference to the user isn't a really good idea imo @ kunai as most ghosts are already vampires they don't expect to heal and even if they aren't a vampire they wouldn't want to heal so lol.

I don't really see where you're basing this, but great part of the Ghosts I've seen aren't Vampires at all. Not to mention, Interference also stops FP regeneration and who wouldn't want to heal if they aren't a Vampire? Hell, even Vampires would want to with Silvermists in serious fights.

As for the skill in question, I feel like Ghost needs changes in their current set than adding this skill. A big chunky buff of range, and hit, added with three different Crowd-Controls, one of them being heavy to literally everyone (Interference) doesn't seem balanced at all, even with percent cost. It's five buffs in one skill, for 3M.

I'm basing this off of the multiple arena spars I've witnessed including my own and how a majority of the server is vampires but ok lol. As a ghost why would you want to heal and backtrack rising game/ether invitation??? 2 rounds of interference is hardly groundbreaking there are worse skills in-game currently and five buffs? I'm pretty sure they're considered debuffs and you're reaching quite a far distance with that statement. Only the range and the hit bonus is a buff. Fear and hesitation can hardly be considered a buff and I think interference aka anti healing fits quite perfectly on a class thats written with death all over it. Are you saying then Black Bolt and Sonic Shell or Interference shell isn't balanced as well? because they quite literally trail along the same lines. You're sacrificing 15% of your HP to basic attack people and if these people are BK's or Hexers or Boxers or just plain old super evade stackers, its useless. If not there are tons of ways to avoid it. (null shell, wash away, gentle embers, steal, cobra, steel aura, geist, negotiate, requinite, and so on). A skill like this would easily be dropped by a simple cleanse potion.
"PantherPrincess" Wrote:There is. Axes have a ghost skill already solely for axes with it's own special effect/hit buff which even ties into another ghost axe skill... why do they need further augmentation when they aren't the ones lacking. There's also plenty of ways to work around it such as sword/axe or polearm/axe weapons. And uhhh just because they aren't a class weapon doesn't mean duelist doesn't heavily imply that you can use polearms. (Vent Petale, Sillcut, Couloir, Cyclone Spear, Lance de Lion, even Repel)

So shall we start adding polearm and axe skills on to kensei next, by that logic?
"Roland_Staghare" Wrote:
"PantherPrincess" Wrote:There is. Axes have a ghost skill already solely for axes with it's own special effect/hit buff which even ties into another ghost axe skill... why do they need further augmentation when they aren't the ones lacking. There's also plenty of ways to work around it such as sword/axe or polearm/axe weapons. And uhhh just because they aren't a class weapon doesn't mean duelist doesn't heavily imply that you can use polearms. (Vent Petale, Sillcut, Couloir, Cyclone Spear, Lance de Lion, even Repel)

So shall we start adding polearm and axe skills on to kensei next, by that logic?

You're just running in circles now. People already use polearms with kensei theres just no skills for it. Your axe wish has already been granted by ghost nor is this an axe topic please don't contribute if it's not about the post. If you'd like an axe skill suggest one.