Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spo's exotic weapon trait suggestions.
I'll split it up into two parts, the talents thread and the actual trait thread, here's the talents thread, I tried my very best to not make them mandatory, however fighting with 'specialized' weapons such as these tends to give some leeway.

================================
Bushido - Requires Chivalry rank 5, you took a code when you took up the katana, this sense of fulfillment gives you extra bonuses when fighting with the perfect weapon for a kensei, or samurai, every talent requires a katana to be used.

Grants access to the Bushido talent tree
(2 SP per rank)
Sub Ranks:
Yu (1 SR): Being nearby an enemy grants you increasing DR, you gain 2% to Physical and Magical DR when you end your turn within 3 range of an enemy, if you end your turn outside of this range all bonuses are lost. (Stacks up to 10% max)

Jin (3 SR): Compassion drives you to help your fellow man, after doing a 'good deed' you feel more relieved, which grants you a status that gives 2 + SR*1 FP Regen for SR*10 rounds. (Good deeds would include: Cleaning black beast scars, clearing the core of a BDP, helping a patient at the clinic, clearing a quest.)

Rei (5 SR): A true warrior knows restraint, and power is not to be shown until it is deemed necessary, sitting above 80% HP Reduces critical hit rate by SR*5, this debuff is removed when you are below 80% health, upon reaching critical health (25%) you gain a boost to critical hit rate, equal to SR*5.

Makoto (2 SR): Your cuts are clean and strong so long as your determination is, basic attacking an enemy from the front inflicts a lingering damage debuff, starting at LV10 and gaining SR*1 LV per basic attack (Lasts only 2 rounds.

==================================
Vanguard - Requires 15 DEF - A member of the elite, the frontline of any respected military, you stand at the forefront for your team and are granted access to talents more suited to your role, shields are required for (most) of these abilities.

Vanguard (2 SP Per Rank)

Monster Magnet (5 SR) - Any monster within SR*1 Range is much more likely to attack you instead of your allies. (Does not require a shield, think the opposite of Incognito.)

Steeled Resolve (2 SR) - Enemies within 3 range of yourself passively increase Armor and Magic Armor by SR*1, this stacks per enemy, and is doubled versus monsters. (Requires a shield)

Cover (3 SR) - Grants access to a special skill, which can only be used once per battle, you tether yourself to a target until your next turn, (SR*20)% of the damage they take will instead be transfered to you instead, damage transfered to you ignores resistances and deals akashic damage. (Requires a shield)

==============================
Greatsword Master - Requires 15 STR - An unyielding knight trained with the most unwieldy of weapons, not many are prepared for the true power of a greatsword, but it takes a special skill set to master.

Greatsword Mastery (1 SP Per Rank)

Dead Angle (5 SR) - Grants an SR*20% Chance of ignoring parry attempts when attacking with a greatsword class weapon.

True Stance (1 SR) - Grants you the True Stance skill, which costs 1m but empowers your greatsword's scaled weapon attack by 25% for your next attack (and only your next attack)

==============================
Fan Dancer - An extravagent figure with a fan in each hand, they are not just for show however, they can be quite versatile in the right person's hands.

Grants access to Fan Mastery, which promotes using fan weapons, and is further augmented by dual wielding them.

Fan Mastery (1.5 SP Per Rank)

Wind Dancer (5 SR) - You gain SR*1 Evade when wielding a fan weapon, this effect stacks when dual wielding.

Alluring Air (5 SR) - Attempting to inflict charm raises infliction rate by SR*2 when using a fan weapon, this effect stacks when dual wielding

To-and-flow (5 SR) - Attacking with 1 fan increases the hit rate for any other fan weapon by SR*2.
Honestly, these all sound fantastic. The only things I could see being a little strong would be true stance, but given that it's only the very next attack it's probably fine... But should probably not stack with things like voltiger. That'd likely get out of hands fast.

I'd like to see something that offers some boosts for dual wielding other types of weaponry than fans and such as well. (Martial weaponry, that is.)
[Image: XVa5SaQ.png]
These are some really cool ideas. +1 from me.
Yes more weapon stuff.

Although replace the fan talents with different weaker dances than the 10* and make sure to make the character model spins in random directional states (important).
[Image: tenor.gif]
Clearly just make all dancing skills Urazawa-like QTE Checks.
Thank you Snoops, very cool.
An old thread, but good one. They're all great suggestions and the greatsword sub-type should get some love because it currently is only fancy text in-game.

Ever since the fan-tomes have been nerfed this should give them some love back as well.

The things I'll comment on are what I'd adjust but of course are far from perfect. Everything else I agree on or seem just fine. (LAST BUT NOT LEAST, APOLOGIES FOR THE NECRO.)

Quote:Jin (3 SR): Compassion drives you to help your fellow man, after doing a 'good deed' you feel more relieved, which grants you a status that gives 2 + SR*1 FP Regen for SR*10 rounds. (Good deeds would include: Cleaning black beast scars, clearing the core of a BDP, helping a patient at the clinic, clearing a quest.)

I'd imagine it should also be able to be obtained in battle, where giving your allies buffs or healing them (likely via item to keep it balanced) would also give this status.

Quote:Makoto (2 SR): Your cuts are clean and strong so long as your determination is, basic attacking an enemy from the front inflicts a lingering damage debuff, starting at LV10 and gaining SR*1 LV per basic attack (Lasts only 2 rounds.

I'd personally have it only last 1 round so it doesn't just stack infinitely because I think DoT is incredibly strong in this game.

This creates a new case where the person using this would need to be stay aggressive to create a stricter risk/reward system as they would need to stay close and target the front where they can hit many things such as Eviter, Stalemate, Snake Dancer and so on.

In that case, it could raise the SR*1 LV per basic attack to something a bit higher like SR*(5 or 10) LV for a more incentive reward to attack someone from the front and make up for the short duration and multitude of risks involved.

Quote:Dead Angle (5 SR) - Grants an SR*20% Chance of ignoring parry attempts when attacking with a greatsword class weapon.

Good times. A unique take on greatswords but definitely would give a reason to use them.

Quote:True Stance (1 SR) - Grants you the True Stance skill, which costs 1m but empowers your greatsword's scaled weapon attack by 25% for your next attack (and only your next attack)

I'm not too knowledgeable but it seems that'd make greatswords arguably better excel weapons considering it's only 1m. Maybe 3m (or 2m for strange synergies to arise) and raise it to 30% or 35% for the loss of momentum.
[Image: TvQhtZb.gif]
TheCommonNoob post_id=37554 time=1567475382 user_id=471 Wrote:-snip-

Oh thank you, I admit it is a bit of an old thread so there's a few points I could change, and a few points here that have been made obsolete by recent additions to the game, but for the most part I agree on all of the suggested changes you've proposed, I still stand by exotic weapon masteries for the most part, gives a bit of flavor to characters as it gave us a surge of ninjas when Ninja Training did come out.
I look forward to whip talents one of these days.