Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Equipment - Vanity System
Olroight, so, here is what I suggest

If it is not too hard, we could add somewhat of a vanity system to equipment. So far, the degree you are allowed to personalize your equipment is fairly limited, extending only to its name. However, this system could do the following.

- Allow you to change the display icon of your equipment with another of your choosing
This may and may not destroy the item being selected as the display icon.

- Allow you to change the equipment flavor text
Basically, add your own description to replace whatever stood there in the first place

- Allow the selection of vanity items to not only be limited to equipment, but other items
Think fish swords! Jammer bone spears! Log guns! There really are a lot of options.

This would allow players who do not want to use the plain talents more freedom to express their creativity! While those opposed, can simply remain using their talents and such. However, in order to stop potential misuse and deception, I also propose adding a "show original" button/prompt, so that the onlooker can see what item it actually is - should they, for whatever reason, find themselves in need to do so.

So yeah, feedback and such.
Icons and stuff can't be changed because they're supposed to be recognisable as being certain items. If you want a custom description of your gear then just use your profile to go in-depth about it and use the Plain talent to obscure then if you don't like their base information being visible.
That is not the point. You can do it in many ways, but this way, you can do it BETTER.

Also, that is why I said we should add a "Show Original" button/prompt, so that you can see what the unedited version of an item is.
In not exactly for this to be honest. I am agreeing with Valkyrie on this, its much easier to put it in your description rather than having to edit the overall item as a whole for everyone.

Not to mention I feel like the way it is now is fine but if you want to describe the story behind your weapon then personally use your Profile for doing such.
[Image: Empress_of_Light.gif]
It is, in fact not easier, that is the point. This would make everything more compact.

As well, there is the fact that nothing is being removed, but rather, players are given MORE choice.
Hanzo post_id=34771 time=1547168978 user_id=2041 Wrote:As well, there is the fact that nothing is being removed, but rather, players are given MORE choice.

No I didn't mean anything was being removed I meant some people find it easier to just put it in their characters Appearance section purely and simply it saves them have to go into actually changing the weapons description all together for that said person.

I still think that being able to change the name of the weapon at a black smith to suit what you wish for it to be called is fine and doesn't need the ability to change the weapons description but again like I said above it was a personal preference.
[Image: Empress_of_Light.gif]
As much as I'd love the idea of being able to change flavor-text and icons, for the purpose of giving your gear a lot more flavour, and a more unique view (so long as you can view it for what it actually is in some way), how long would it be before we start seeing all the really edgy demon swords, or a pixel-art dick as a weapon?
[Image: 400px-Nihilus%2C_the_Abyssal_Flame.gif]
Ending 145: Disappointed in Humanity
WaifuApple post_id=34784 time=1547297577 user_id=1751 Wrote:As much as I'd love the idea of being able to change flavor-text and icons, for the purpose of giving your gear a lot more flavour, and a more unique view (so long as you can view it for what it actually is in some way), how long would it be before we start seeing all the really edgy demon swords, or a pixel-art dick as a weapon?

The ill actions of some should not limit variety and further creative liberty with our characters, that said at the very least I'd like to be able to see the ability to edit the description of our weapons, I'd put far far more of my weapons on display if this were the case.
[Image: zo2BdSr.pngp]
I agree with this suggestion, especially since I, too, suggested it when the old old forums were up.
[Image: 7y3oPuY.png]
I'm all for changing descriptions. Icons, maybe not as much, as it could lead to some tomfoolery.
[Image: unknown.png]
[Image: mQMYHlv.png]