Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Save our poor muscles
Is it possible to get a look at the weight of weapons? At the moment if a newbie comes out of tutorial as a mage, they're already over max BW except maybe if they have high base str and went fire mage. Plus a tome is heavier than heavy armor and the melee weapons, I get it's big but that's just a giant disadvantage to newbies who don't understand the game.

This isn't just for tomes though, that was just my top thought. I'm thinking of things like guns as well. Guns don't have like any str scaling (minus firthrower), no modifications to lower weight, and no benefits to be heavy, we have to sacrifice our already low base damage and stats to throw on things like Galdric if we want low weight. Plus some guns are as heavy or heavier than things like an axe. (I'm looking at you Quickdraw) I could be wrong, but I don't think even a fully modified revolver could be so heavy.

Any thoughts on this topic to address it more?
That's because you're probably being greedy and trying to use Remains for an ore, so it demands a little STR investment. But if that's not the case, Guns and Tomes have a Talent that reduces their battle weight, and there is also another Talent that increases Battle Weight capacity by like 10. And there's also a Crafting Tool that further reduces any weapon's weight by 2.

Go explore those a bit, and review your thread to see if it's really necessary.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
There's no helping stepping out of the tutorial with a 20 weight book Kunai, not many levels to invest into said balance and hauler talents either, ultimately it is something to work towards when leveling however so I don't know how necessary it is, more often than not as long as you're not getting greedy with really heavy weighted armor + really heavy tomes you should eventually even out by having 43 APT for the STR it provides, +10 B/W From the one talent, and Balance for -7.5 Weight to your weapon(s)
Yes, I am using remains, but as far as I can tell they're nearly required as a gun user. They give the much need power and hit (and we know every number counts) and the much needed evasion as you need a lot to dodge effectively these days. Not to mention for guns, there is I believe not a single modification that lowers weight, only increases it. Guns only get heavier and heavier to be decently strong, and while they do have range (at least the rifle anyways), they don't have enough range to matter against most builds it would seem. And unlike swords, axes, spears they don't gain a 10-20% SWA increase for being extremely heavy. Unlike those options as well, as I stated, we have nearly no reason to invest into strength. Yes the -7.5 helps from talents help, but -7.5 for people with str compared to those without is a big difference as you have a bigger leeway to mess around with.

As far as tutorial, yeah. They're heavy and for newbies who know nothing can be deadly with that lowered hit and evasion. Then again everything is deadly to them, but that's a different subject.
While I do not think this is a neccesary change (because people will be able to do just fine anyway), if there truly is a problem where weapons that would realistically weigh more base than something that looks like it should be heavier, it might be worth looking into as a minor thing, to give things more "realistic"? weight values. Nothing to really prioritise, though.
[Image: 400px-Nihilus%2C_the_Abyssal_Flame.gif]
Ending 145: Disappointed in Humanity
It's not a necessary change, but it could open up more builds. It's already somewhat challenging for a gun to hit people, but we have to sacrifice stats for strength to wield the stuff needed makes it really hard to do so.