Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Quaking is boring
I don't have a witty name for this thread, quaking just isn't a very fun impact to use, its current effect is that it adds Rank*2 flat damage to a skill, which means it really just doesn't do anything special, and while earth is tied to the 3rd best defensive stat in the game I don't think it should be exempt from having an overhaul.

I'm open to suggestions on what could be done to help it out, but I'll throw out one I believe to shake up the playing field somewhat and open additional playstyles for tanks, namely the supportive, more team protective type.

What would everyone think if Galren enchanted/venus enhanced effects were to be the opposite of creating tiles, and destroy tiles similar to Magaisendo and Terra Strike?

This would apply to every currently galren impacted skill except the following:
Shinken
Crystal Rose
Roundtrip
Incise
Elemental Rave

The former have their own unique effects (Homing, magnetize, dragging and Crystalize properties), while the latter can be changed to deal earth damage instead of all elemental damage.

One last thing to note, Quaking Heaven Kick should be changed to this as well, this particular skill with this particular enchant has been a very HUGE problem in rush down strategies, being able to knock down an entire team was likely not intended at all, but this became a thing when Urazawa was introduced.

I'll list off every skill I'd intend to be able to destroy tiles, for convenience sake.

Aerial Razor

Sidecut
Sillcut

Heaven Kick
Peddling Wheel

Retreating Swipe
Execute

Kagekiri
Toiken
Hirazuki

Aliagmato
Infernal Summon

Chaser
Crashing Bull
Bellowing Stag

Thank you for your consideration.
I actually really like this idea and seeing as how Quaking has little to no use compared to the other badges, I'm all for it getting a buff.
Please god yes. Quaking is a nonfactor in current builds, please change it like this for the better.
[Image: unknown.png]
I don't really want to make tile destruction that common. It's a unique effect and fairly powerful as well, and better reserved for specific skills.
Whatever happens with quaking, I wholeheartedly support some kind of replacement to the knockdown effect of quaking heaven kick. Knockdown is a real problem even for just one person in a full team. If everyone can get knocked down at once, it becomes a bigger problem.

While I don't know much for any of the other galren skills, it could be interesting to make Quaking Heaven Kick could have some kind of aftershock, themed like an earthquake, that does a certain percent of your earth damage. (Whatever does not seem overbearing), instead, kinda like the new Leporidae stomp skill. Instead of stomping into the ground you're stomping someone else into the ground, instead.
[Image: 400px-Nihilus%2C_the_Abyssal_Flame.gif]
Ending 145: Disappointed in Humanity
Neus post_id=34915 time=1547647043 user_id=2 Wrote:I don't really want to make tile destruction that common. It's a unique effect and fairly powerful as well, and better reserved for specific skills.

I can see this being a valid concern, it is powerful and I can see why you'd want it to be reserved to specific skills, I'd also argue Cinders/Sanctuary are equally as powerful, and are easily re-applicable as well.

I can't actually think of many ideas other than this though that sounded very solid, I also had thoughts of having flatfoot tied to them, or making them shorter range for having more power, but I never really expanded upon it and thought about tile destruction instead.

Do you have any ideas in mind? Rank*2 Power just seems like a dis-service to the element.
Magnetism would work well on most skills under Quaking. Either inflicting it, drawing in people with Magnetism to the target, etc.
[Image: a2794117f3.png]
[12:53:15 AM] Chaos: don't hit dyst
[12:53:18 AM] Chaos: that's cruelty to animals
[12:53:20 AM] Chaos: you have to shoot it
[12:53:20 AM] Dystopia: ye
Chaos post_id=34925 time=1547701147 user_id=75 Wrote:Magnetism would work well on most skills under Quaking. Either inflicting it, drawing in people with Magnetism to the target, etc.

This, the game has tons of knock back but very little pull.
I agree that we need more pulls.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
Implementing a pull similar to magnet shell's pull might be awkward on certain skills like Chaser and Heaven Kick, I'm not saying it can't work but it might also look funky, not to mention you'd need to implement magnetize effects on the badge itself.

I suppose that would be a really good buff though, Flatfoot or Magnetize on current Galren enchants might make them viable for autohit builds that rely on stacking hit for their damage, as punching through Evasion is effectively a 30% damage increase against squishies.