Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
One Hit Cinders
Just as a disclaimer, this is mostly just a discussion and not something I have strong feelings about changing, but I thought I'd see what people thought of it. So remain civil and don't lose your minds arguing for or against this.

What if cinders behaved like ice sheets and disappeared once they were triggered? (Or, potentially, mostly cinders created by elemental impact effects).
it would really nerf push/pull builds.

This would be fine...if the damage of cinders was increased.

I believe Sear tiles would be a much more acceptable target for this kind of change.
Maybe they'd disappear when triggered, but since it's pretty much fire if they don't trigger they spread to the spaces around them (without stacking)?
[Image: rwFTX1T.png]
Spreading to more space seems more like a super buff than anything else. Because it'll cover the recently triggered tiles while at the same time, spreading. It'd seem like a auto free expansion for fire to the Verg Ice Expansion move (That cost alot of FP). It'd be an endless wildfire. As for the Dev and the other guy's suggestion, eh, I wouldn't say buff the fire damage because I know people that can easily reach +60 fire tile damage and with buffs, they can increase that even more. So people without teleport movement and they're in the heart of it, they'll be doom if they lack fire resistance. I'd say give the tiles like a status effect similar to how Ice basically cuts movements short when it's triggered. Maybe like, a chance to obtain a burn status for one to two turn or whatever. Something that fire would normally cause if we're going through with the trigger thing.
[Image: BAWqB6P.png]
[Image: fa5d9fd2e3f77f27206bb134638b5f28.png]
I would just halve or 30% DR the damage taken by cinders you've already stepped on. 1 hit cinders sounds a bit of an over nerf.
Personally, I'm of the opinion that just pushing and pulling people all over the place just to kill them slowly by setting their feet on fire makes for a bit of a boring fight.

If this only applied to elemental augment effects, that would be fine. All other forms of cinders could stay as is and be just fine.
[Image: XVa5SaQ.png]
I'm of the same opinion of Grandpa. I don't like the push/pull builds that just focus on creating fire tiles and then making you dance around in them to win.
I don't really see a reason to nerf them. There's spiritual soot that half the damage, and spiked treads that take care of cinder pushing already. I'm not entirely against seeing a change, though..
[Image: GQJ8dCS.png]
[Image: unknown.png]
There's a lot of pathes to take to counter cinders really, whether its your enchant slot, boot slot, some resist items etc.

It would feel more like a un necessary change to classes like magic gunner and evoker, who have strong sources of cinders but very little coverage.
Many people take Spiritual Soot for their boots, because it's more effective HP than say, Warwalk due to the fact it halves cinder damage. Half damage tends to save you more than 20 HP.

Fire resist is one of the most common things and is rather easily accesible. It's very simple to counter-play cinders as of this moment, not to mention some people item belt a Red Letter. Nihilist is also not very common in builds, at least from what I've seen.

I don't think this change is necessary, although I don't have strong feelings either way. If it happens, I'd say to increase the damage cinders do though.
[Image: Fern22.gif]
[Image: unknown.png]