Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
One Hit Cinders
I'm down for that idea. Though having Cinders losing their effectiveness, like Grandpa said, can also be a good alternative.

Perhaps their duration and LV could get lowered by 2 whenever they're stepped on?

But the biggest offender is how it's so easy to just fill the field with it once again. Could we get them to like, make something like 'razed ground' tiles, where there's not really anything left to burn, so Cinders can't be applied on them for X rounds?
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
I'm changing my opinion to agree with Grandpa; that way other cinder builds could still exist.
[Image: rwFTX1T.png]
Well as the above people stated; with flamewalk boot enchantments existing, and a lot of ways to get fire resist, I don't think cinders ending in one movement would be too fun, and would make them pretty worthless as of right now. But at the same time, there aren't really many other counterplays in battle for them. You can't evade them, you can't dodge them, and they pretty much always do the damage they do, ignoring defense and resistance. (Push/pulls and cinders themselves I mean.)

For moves like cyclone spear, or shinken charge-bash, or even just bash. It does feel like there isn't that much you can do about it, sometimes. But on the other side of things, getting really really high power cinders are PRETTY hard in the first place.(Talking about 100 base damage cinders, which then become 50 with cinder sole) And sanctuary shuts it down, too.

So personally I wouldn't want cinders changed in this way. However I would be open to the idea of completely revamping cinders, and re-implimenting sear tiles as well. Once upon a time, Sear was the only way for such a tile effect. And moving through them did no damage.

If we were to make cinders weaker in general, but perhaps apply some sort of "Singed" effect much like soaked, for elemental augmentation skills, i'd be okay with this. It'd make Blazing cyclone spear a little less bad feelsy for me. (Nothing you can do about it, as it pulls you into the cinders, after creating them.)

And then Sear, and any other new fire attack i'd hope we'd make, such as perhaps a new black knight skill, like crescent rook and brightray bishop. That either behave like old sear tiles, like cinders do now, or some combination of the two. (Punishing pawn, a flaming sear tile sword variant of crescent rook and brightray bishop!)
I kinda do have to agree with Grandpa, I'd very much prefer if Cinder tiles that aren't made by spells such as Mage's/Evokers to have that kind of interaction, it kinda makes sense considering it wouldn't be flames as powerful as a focused mage.

I also agree that pushing and pulling tactics is very boring to fight against, and even with things to reduce their damage or even to stop people from moving, there's still ways to make it really oppressive. (Looking at you, Forced Move.)