Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Excel-lent Enchantments
Excel weapons are a curious beast as far as their usage is concerned; on their own they're blatantly worse than their standard equivalents due to their more punishing scaling and a single usage of the 3M Charge Weapon on a 75% scaling excel weapon will only grant a 75% damage increase over their 100% equivalents. (100 Vs (75 + 50% = 107.5))

The saving grace of this however has always been two items which can give a semi-reliable free charge point; the Shock Collar + Conversion Gloves combo. However, sacrificing both the off-hand AND an accessory slot is a pretty steep price to pay for at least one slightly amped attack per turn, so...

How about we make the conversion effect an off-hand enchantment instead? By doing this, a far greater build variety is made available to Excel Weapon users as they can now freely use gloves and shields to synergize with their chosen playstyle (The previous loss of shields generally gave Excel fighters a dodge build bias) and makes the weapons far more accessible as a whole.

As for the existing gloves, they could possibly be reworked to extend weapon charge duration instead or something to that effect, as allowing 2 weapon charge procs per turn for free might be a little too powerful.
Alternatively, going the route of armour enchant instead of off-hand enchant could lead to some amusing dual Excel builds.
Instead of an enchant you could make it a feature of the potentials or Charge Weapon skill itself, as why tie it into a singular enchant to bloat the enchant pool when removing the previous interaction with shock collar/gloves.

I also possibly fear excel weapons becoming too strong again, but I'll save that fear for convenience sake.
I wasn't going to remove Shock Collar from the equation, I'm just saying that having to devote two entirely separate equip slots in a game so heavily focused on equipment just to make one other piece of equipment work is a very steep cost. If I were to make it a part of another item's effects I'd probably see it made part of the shock collar itself or perhaps have it be an Alchemy enhancement version of the collar like the Bluebeo.

Actually hell, an improved item crafted from combining the shock collar and conversion gloves together is probably as good a suggestion as anything.
ValkyrieSkies post_id=35128 time=1548540073 user_id=2000 Wrote:I wasn't going to remove Shock Collar from the equation, I'm just saying that having to devote two entirely separate equip slots in a game so heavily focused on equipment just to make one other piece of equipment work is a very steep cost. If I were to make it a part of another item's effects I'd probably see it made part of the shock collar itself or perhaps have it be an Alchemy enhancement version of the collar like the Bluebeo.
You misunderstand, I simply just mean the interaction between both, together.
Quote:Actually hell, an improved item crafted from combining the shock collar and conversion gloves together is probably as good a suggestion as anything.

This actually seems like the best idea, other items such as insulated burning bracers/blood whistle/bluebeo all combine unique effects together to create an item slot efficient item, I'd be all for this.
Eh conversion gloves don't just interact with shock collar, it directly counters lightning damage, which isn't necessarily uncommon.

You can also walk into any battle with level 3 charge weapon stacked up to who knows how long a duration.
It doesn't counter lightning damage at all though?
Its useful against lightning damage but I wouldn't exactly call it a hard counter, just a benefit should you get hit by lightning damage, especially in multiple amounts like chain shell or ryesers.

A combination of the two for an excel jump-starter accessory would sound pretty cool to me (Where in it builds up excel charges every round, but you lose the lightning damage interaction from gloves), and for the listed reasons above, still give use to the classic combo with 2hand instead.
I really do like the idea of combining the two items into a new one. Would be a nice change for Excel users.