Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Black Knight skill suggestions
Black Knight is currently in a spot that is considered okay, not completely outrageous or the slightest bit under-powered, its just there, I'd like to suggest a few cool skills to help give shields a sort of tree to branch out to, and help set it aside from demon hunter because tanks with shields are usually better off running demon hunter because matador stance just gives them damage for building defensively.

This is all based off of one change to flatfoot that actually doesn't change it up too much, but compliments one of the skills suggested, that change is:
-If flatfoot is applied to a target with flatfoot already applied, then they are knocked down instead. (this is basically non-consequential, and helps charge-bash users a lot, removing the RNG for spending way more momentum)

Anyway here's my suggestions:
Quote:Pin (Black Knight) - Shield only offensive skill

This skill can only be used with a shield equipped, targets 1 enemy in 1 range and smashes them with your shield, dealing blunt physical damage equal to twice your Scaled STR + a bonus based on rank (10/20/30/40/50), this skill has a status infliction based chance to immobilize for 2 rounds, if the target is flatfooted then the duration is increased to 3 rounds.

Having Enchanted Shield active will cause shield bash to deal magic damage instead, changing its damage type to its element.

Quote:Gambit (Black Knight) - Shield only offensive skill
Lob your shield to a target within 5 range (think hanging targetting) which will deal blunt physical damage equal to twice your Scaled STR + a bonus based on rank (4/8/12/16/20), this will also inflict flatfoot LV = (Rank*3).

Having Enchanted Shield active will cause Gambit to deal magic damage instead, changing its damage type to its element.

Quote:King's Guard (Black Knight) - Shield only equipable utility skill.

Passive: Divert attention onto yourself, make yourself the center of the blast, when an AoE attack is used on you, allies within 5 range (Circle) also targetted by the same AoE gain 20% Damage reduction for that damage instance, only 1 King's Guard takes place at any time.

Active (3 round cooldown): Spends all of your momentum and bunkers down, completely immobilizing you and granting you knockback/pull immunity, as well as (Momentum spent * 10) LV Guard, allies who are considered behind you within King's Guard's radius also gain triple its DR during this.

(NOTE: King's Guard is not intended to apply to the user, only their allies)

Thats all, thank you for your consideration.
Shields have been rather lacking considering people choose Two-Hand over more defenses, and also the fact that Guard is easily replaced by an accessory that gives the same thing.

These skills would give Shields more use outside of Elemental Res/Raw DEF, while also giving BKs a really good utility debuff that is Flatfoot. :thumbsup:

EDIT: And also Immobilize, how could I forget about that?
Shields need more love, and Black Knight seems like it's already primed to become 'The Shield Guy class' so I approve!
I like these because they fit well with BK's mix of tank and crowd control.
I'd still love for these to be a thing, half of King's Guard use is already in Unmoving so you could viably remove that function and have it be a combo into it instead.

I dont usually bump for the sake of bumping, if there's any discussion to be had though I'd be pleased.
Looking at these, beyond mild concerns that aren't paticularly important, I can't really do anything but praise the idea of being able to do more with shields, honestly. Don't know why I'm suggesting, but for more flavor, perhaps you can't use them if your guard is broken.
[Image: 400px-Nihilus%2C_the_Abyssal_Flame.gif]
Ending 145: Disappointed in Humanity
kings guard sounds amazing as a team defense thing... one of those "I'll sacrifice myself FOR MY COMRADES" things. Love it.
OOC Devourer Of Souls: it makes me feel like someone slipped me acid laced water