Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thematic Gun Imbalance (ft. Talents)
Why were Rifles the chosen weapon for the trait? At the moment I've been noticing no other gun is worthy being used at all aside Excel Sniper.

It seems to be the main offender of all. It has a high damage due to Charge Weapon. It has a high critical hit ratio thanks to Sniper Barrel and recently it gained a new 'friendly hand' that also turns its hit ratio high thanks to Steady, which leaves all other guns kind of sucking their thumbs, especially if they are more risky ones (like Handguns or Launchers) or just outright weird for not having long range and low power (Shotguns).

There is no reason to use any of those at all, when you can just hold an Excel Sniper, or Moonlight Mercy and turn the enemy into a puddle of flesh due to your high-damage-high-evade-ignorance-and-nigh-guaranteed-crits.

I request the Talent to be adjusted a little, if possible. Move the bonus granted to Rifles and spread them to guns that really need them, namely Launchers, Handguns and Shotguns. They're supposed to be 'heavy damage and low hit', but at the moment it's not really worthy using them if you can't hit anything, or if their damage is just outmatched by a single gun.

It's just not fair for people who want to use things that are not 'meta', as those got overshadowed. So I suggest this minor change:

Quote:Steady

While you do not have a Shield or Sub-Weapon equipped: Increases Hit of Gun weapons by SR * 2; amount is doubled for Handguns/Rifles. For Shotguns/Launchers, increases Critical Damage by SR * 3% instead.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
I think theres just a major design issue with guns.

Magic gunner does so much for gun basic attacks, that its extremely hard to make guns good without them.
Guns feel like they were balanced around MG so when used by anyone else they seem weak. Even DH doesn't seem to use them very well, it just feels too niche.