Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Full Capacity
Neus post_id=35643 time=1552046875 user_id=2 Wrote:I don't know if having to make a choice between two powerful benefits is something I'd consider a negative. There are other talents that have similar restrictions on them.

Yes but when it comes to Capacity there's a clear bias against one of them when choosing what you spend the rest of your points into, when it comes down to Depth vs Recycle, Depth will almost always have the innate advantage when deciding what to spend points into, as Depth gives you assured FP and Recycle only gives you situational FP (Which usually only evens out barely when compared rank 1 to rank 5)

Let me explain, Recycle depends solely on the fact that your opponent uses magic for one, and yes while that is common enough (especially in team fights) it can be one of the factors that puts depth above it, furthermore Recycle's FP Regen can be entirely prevented thanks to the use of some debuffs like Interference or Soul chains, another strike against it. And lastly Recycle's FP Regen counts that you are already missing FP, so its worthiness as a sub-talent only starts shining around the middle of the fight or when very large FP cost invocations are being cast.

I'd like it if I had to spend 9 points into one talent (Which is almost a sixth of your total talent points) that I'd be able to at least max it out effectively enough, as it stands its a huge talent point dump for mostly the right reasons, and if the entirety of the talent itself wasn't so good comparatively it'd almost feel like its not even worth it currently.

It'd be a nice QoL change because I'm sure many people would like to use Recycle and Depth, but Depth is far safer than Recycle is.