Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Katana Master is too strict
Funny how you'd never notice something until the given moment depends on it. The Katana Master passive is FAR too strict; in the sense it punish you for trying to play a duelist or switching Katanas.

Info: I didn't realized it until I notice I can't inflict silence. I thought it was because I took too long to get A.Fear off but no, it's because KM never triggered.

Then you sit down and actually read what it does, you'll notice how limited it really is: [Image: 059de8c803237527da0e84e70ab43fec.png]

So, you're unable to run Vent Petale or any off hand or switch in different Katanas for different situation. The fact you do need KM to get the full usage out of the absolutes considering it's not even as easy or great to get them off like before.

Suggestion: Allow the passive to only affect KATANA weapons, as long as they have one equipped. And if the person reequips an Katana via swap weapon, it resets the status. So if someone tries to switch in another non-katana sword while the status is active while they don't have an katana equip, it'll end but if they reequip the Katana, they regain the status. So it isn't that punishing to swap from one Katana to another and it isn't that punishing for running off hand for given passives like Vent Petale.

I do understand why it's like this but to truly avoid people just having the Katana equip for just the passive, the easiest way around it is; People need to attack WITH the Katana to get the +5 level for the passives from KM. If they don't, they won't get it.
[Image: BAWqB6P.png]
[Image: fa5d9fd2e3f77f27206bb134638b5f28.png]
cough mutated jammer core, cough.
Lolzytripd post_id=35739 time=1553118963 user_id=58 Wrote:cough mutated jammer core, cough.

This is not even close to an excuse for a reason as to why Katana Master has to be so limited in terms of form, hell the entirety of the kensei changes just pale in comparison to Ghost now in its entirety. This quite frankly sounds like an insult of a solution, yes I use mutated weapons for a good number of my builds too, that doesn't mean they are at all a solution as to how a class should function, they should remain as a creative resource for builds, not THE BACKBONE of them.

I can agree with the OP here that Katana Master feels worthless as a passive since a duelist typically wants to dual wield, I do think we need a spear with sub-type katana or a katana-sword 9* that also counts as a spear at the very least here in order for Kensei to have some form of functionality with its base class.

Or Katana Master could be changed to not be so limiting either, and just finally be allowed to function so long as you have even 1 katana equipped, also I believe it needs to not be nullable (even tho that sounds like a bug mostly) since a requinite/wash away/null shell or just joining the battle mid-battle completely erases your ability to use this innate EVEN IF you were spec'd into it somehow anyways.
I agree as well with OP. Katana Master should allow things like Vent Petale (Katana + Spear) or switching katanas mid battle. As long as you abide rules like those it shouldn't negate the status. As it stands currently theres no synergy for Kensei and Vent Petale users.
Kensei has plenty of synergy with Duelist. Just because its identity as a katana user clashes with Vent Petale doesn't mean it needs to change.
Plenty? Yes and no. How it stands currently, you either run the vanilla build with Kensei (Duelist); [Get all the passive that works with swords, disengage, sharpen and 3-4 sword skills] or say 'fuck it, I'll just ignore the KM passive and pray for the best.' or just use Ghost because its not telling tell you you can't or limit you because of it. There isn't any real creativity involved with it. There isn't many skill path duelist wise (Since you're stuck with just using the vanilla skills) for Kensei because of it how limited that passive is. There isn't much versatility.
[Image: BAWqB6P.png]
[Image: fa5d9fd2e3f77f27206bb134638b5f28.png]
To add to Senna's post, it also defeats the purpose of going destiny Duelist as you have all these points and skill slots but still cannot be as versatile as you like. It's very limiting for what? 5 Power/lvl? I don't think adjusting it to work with Vent Petale would be mind blowing/broken as people already used Kensei in such a way before.
I don't think it's absolutely necessary for Katana Master to cater to duelists who want to make use of Vent Petale.

That way we don't have every duelist being katana + spear because there's no reason not to.
The only things that need to be fixed imo is it not being able to be nulled and the possibility of gaining its benefits when you join a battle in progress. It's not like an enchant where you can just cast it to apply the buff after all.
-------------------------------------------------
[Image: 1599085341408.gif]
Trexmaster post_id=35753 time=1553185150 user_id=76 Wrote:I don't think it's absolutely necessary for Katana Master to cater to duelists who want to make use of Vent Petale.

That way we don't have every duelist being katana + spear because there's no reason not to.

It is not necessary but it would be a nice option instead of being locked to only two handing a katana or double katanas. It wouldn't be more popular than the two handing setup we already see. I highly doubt every person would switch to Vent Petale Kensei just because. Two handing is still very good.