Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Katana Master is too strict
PantherPrincess post_id=35757 time=1553214004 user_id=86 Wrote:
Trexmaster post_id=35753 time=1553185150 user_id=76 Wrote:I don't think it's absolutely necessary for Katana Master to cater to duelists who want to make use of Vent Petale.

That way we don't have every duelist being katana + spear because there's no reason not to.

It is not necessary but it would be a nice option instead of being locked to only two handing a katana or double katanas. It wouldn't be more popular than the two handing setup we already see. I highly doubt every person would switch to Vent Petale Kensei just because.

Vent Petale is just the way to go currently on duelists thanks to a bunch of changes to skills that now cost 4m but are still worth it to use regardless, so I could very well see vent petale Kensei just being the optimal way to run it, this concern is very real and not one I can disagree with entirely.

As I said earlier, a spear that counts for it coming out eventually would probably at least help in that matter.
Having an entire promo based around a single subcategory of a single weapon has issues, especially when it comes from a base class with a much wider weapon selection. Would it be such an issue if Kensei was compatible with spears as well? Or maybe allow half of Katana master's bonus for non katana weapons? A similar passive for polearms could give more build versatility and still fit the theme of the promo class.
Spoops post_id=35758 time=1553215491 user_id=193 Wrote:
PantherPrincess post_id=35757 time=1553214004 user_id=86 Wrote:
Trexmaster post_id=35753 time=1553185150 user_id=76 Wrote:I don't think it's absolutely necessary for Katana Master to cater to duelists who want to make use of Vent Petale.

That way we don't have every duelist being katana + spear because there's no reason not to.

It is not necessary but it would be a nice option instead of being locked to only two handing a katana or double katanas. It wouldn't be more popular than the two handing setup we already see. I highly doubt every person would switch to Vent Petale Kensei just because.

Vent Petale is just the way to go currently on duelists thanks to a bunch of changes to skills that now cost 4m but are still worth it to use regardless, so I could very well see vent petale Kensei just being the optimal way to run it, this concern is very real and not one I can disagree with entirely.

As I said earlier, a spear that counts for it coming out eventually would probably at least help in that matter.

I don't think it would be the optimal choice at all as your choice is between running high SWA with two hand or splitting that into two weapons and getting access to cheaper skill costs and spear skills. The way Kensei currently runs is you're literally stuck in a one size shoe and a one size shoe only and frankly it's made a lot of players dump Kensei behind in favor of Ghost. I'm trying to suggest versatility over hey you can't do that katanas only club. A change like this would allow players to have options but still enforcing the katana rule. After the changes it's become a very difficult class to play and enjoy in my opinion and some others opinions I've come across as well because of reasons like this and etc. My point about it conflicting with destiny Duelist still stands as well. It's forcing players into a corner and no one enjoys that.
So maybe instead we should wait for another duelist promo to come out, dev usually has 2-4 unfinished classes floating about .
I vouch for making Katana Master a bit stronger, then.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
Maybe now people can use that one 'Hands' equipment that boosted Kensei skill damage....

If anything needs to be changed, it's the Katana Mastery power boost not applying to Kensei skills, and (supposedly) not gaining the buff when you join a battle in progress. Aside from that, yeah, getting to tussle around with both Katana Mastery and Vent Petale is a bit much.
[Image: a2794117f3.png]
[12:53:15 AM] Chaos: don't hit dyst
[12:53:18 AM] Chaos: that's cruelty to animals
[12:53:20 AM] Chaos: you have to shoot it
[12:53:20 AM] Dystopia: ye
Chaos post_id=35780 time=1553300812 user_id=75 Wrote:Maybe now people can use that one 'Hands' equipment that boosted Kensei skill damage....

If anything needs to be changed, it's the Katana Mastery power boost not applying to Kensei skills, and (supposedly) not gaining the buff when you join a battle in progress. Aside from that, yeah, getting to tussle around with both Katana Mastery and Vent Petale is a bit much.

I agree with this pretty much. Katana master should allow kensei to be viable without vent. Another Promotion to duelist down the line, more focused on chivalry and dueling that supported spears more would be nice for Vent.