Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shine Swood
Pretty much agree with Sly here, unlike Monk-Priest's staff it cannot be a casting tool ever for anything but Twister/Spike and Judgement Blade.
Slydria post_id=35837 time=1553540541 user_id=51 Wrote:I agree that the Shine Sword's scalings make it hard to build for due to needing a large amount of STR, WIL and FAI. I'd like to see a 30 STR/70 FAI split (basically just shifting the WIL into extra FAI). I don't think that'd be overbearing considering we already have the Monk Priest's Staff with the same scaling.

While I agree with this, there are some issues. And this is one I've seen with most of the suggestions, it's the low strength scaling while it's not unheard of look at the Raijin's weird scaling being 30 str/30 ski and 40 luc. I do think the most disappointing thing about it and this brings up the Sogensara now because it does fall under this is the low/bad scaling and the fact we take a look at their rank shine sword and the setsuna being the same rank and the only thing separating them is the fact the setsuna is better due to it's scaling...and that's it. Oh and the potential skill not being either as useful, hence why I did suggest the 60/60 str faith, even though, yeah that does seem a bit exessive, but we also got shit like the Duel Blade which has that scaling Hell, I'd say call it a day and make it 65/45 making it a slightly better moonblade--

.png   download.png (Size: 16.78 KB / Downloads: 1,414)

God dammit even this piece of shit is better.
[Image: jBTJOXi.png]
Don't have much else to add other then yes it really needs better scaling and any of the suggested scaling ideas could work though I don't think it needs anything as excessive as 60/60 especailly with a very defensive stat like Faith which gives both status resistance and the ever important crit evade.
Iv personally had no issues with the weapon's scaling, and in fact its one of my most viable weapons for a character.
Though ill defer to everyone else's experience with it.
Munch
Shine sword has been horribly requiring a lack of tune-up for a while.

HOLY KNIGHTS RISE
[Image: unknown.png]
[Image: mQMYHlv.png]
I would be up for either the suggestion sly said or even just tossing it on 60/60, it not the strongest weapon even with being craftable, with either of those scaling it would grant it a bit more life. I personally love the idea of the sword so giving it some love would be really nice to be honest.
Shine Knighting itself is pretty solid, though has the same issue that shine knights do where its power is all in the -hit debuff rather than anything holy or knighty.

The sword has trash and unusable scaling and isn't even a casting tool so its very hard to use in any capacity. I'de personally suggest making it spelledge and changing its scaling to something more usable like 50Str/50Fai.
I don't think ive seen anyone ever actually use a shine sword so much as casting the potential and swapping for a better scaling weapon.
60% WIL
60% FAI

plis
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
I've never even played a faith build, and I know how bad this item is.