Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[OOC] Auto Mute
So I just logged on to this:

[Image: c404148d75464cf17d92aadbc8a983b8.png]

Could we auto-mute (for, say, 15 mins) anyone who has more than 3 consecutive messages in OOC? Because at that point it's just spamming.

EDIT: "Or you could just turn OOC off!" Yeah, shut up. If you're RPing a battle, it takes time to realize the spamming is an issue, go through multiple menus to open your preferences (since you need to click your status and be careful not to leave party) and turn it off, by which point it's already been disruptive as sin.
*loud burp*
Though I feel like it's not that big of a problem at-all, if it was considered, your idea is waay too strict. I say somewhere in the seven to ten area.
[Image: latest?cb=20150618145649]
You could just, I don't know, switch between the "Battle" and "Talk" tabs when you need to. They're there, you know.
[Image: rsz_c1ccb08eb04837ddc6b315f834f7f11a.png]
"[url=http://neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=3624#p3624 Wrote:RoboCat » Sat Jan 17, 2015 12:50 pm[/url]"]Though I feel like it's not that big of a problem at-all, if it was considered, your idea is waay too strict. I say somewhere in the seven to ten area.

There will almost always be that one person ninterrupting streaks of 7-10. Example:

OOC Illuminati64: everyone is actually themselves irl in another form
OOC Illuminati64: who found themselves in pink's tower
OOC Illuminati64: and can't remember shit
OOC Triel Wolfblood: wat
OOC Illuminati64: also in another universe
OOC Illuminati64: EVERYONE IS ACTUALLY EVERYONE FROM SL1 IN ANOTHER FORM AND UNIVERSE WHO CAN'T REMEMBER ANYTHING AND WHOEVER DIDN'T PLAY SL1 IS A CULTIST IN THIS GAME IN ANOTHER FORM WITHOUT MEMORIES
OOC Illuminati64: Plot twist
OOC Illuminati64: sl3 confirmed

While this would have definitely been 7 in a row, Triel's simple "wat" interrupted it. Three is definitely more than enough for one person to talk uninterrupted if they type entire sentences.

"catabur" Wrote:You could just, I don't know, switch between the "Battle" and "Talk" tabs when you need to. They're there, you know.

Giving OOC it's own tab so you can disable it in "All" without completely missing out on parties and trades is an infinitely superior idea.
*loud burp*
If someone's spamming, leave it up to the GMs and their jurisdiction. You don't have to have OOC on. Nothing important ever happens on OOC anyway.
[Image: Y8FFQj7.jpg]
^Mercala's Favorite Apparently
[Image: To2mAPS.png](heh)
"[url=http://neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=3631#p3631 Wrote:Blissey » Sat Jan 17, 2015 1:59 pm[/url]"]If someone's spamming, leave it up to the GMs and their jurisdiction. You don't have to have OOC on. Nothing important ever happens on OOC anyway.

Parties. Trades. Someone needing help, either stranded in a dungeon or missing an item to unlock a class or something.

But I actually got warned recently for asking people to stop this kind of stuff. So clearly the GMs don't care about that, and I really can't leave it up to their jurisdiction.
*loud burp*
"[url=http://neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=3632#p3632 Wrote:Ranylyn » Sat Jan 17, 2015 7:03 pm[/url]"]
"[url=http://neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=3631#p3631 Wrote:Blissey » Sat Jan 17, 2015 1:59 pm[/url]"]If someone's spamming, leave it up to the GMs and their jurisdiction. You don't have to have OOC on. Nothing important ever happens on OOC anyway.

Parties. Trades. Someone needing help, either stranded in a dungeon or missing an item to unlock a class or something.

But I actually got warned recently for asking people to stop this kind of stuff. So clearly the GMs don't care about that, and I really can't leave it up to their jurisdiction.

Turning OOC off doesn't impede requests from coming through. At least, I hope not. If GMs aren't desisting the spam themselves then it looks like you have a direct report to write to Dev.
*sigh* Next time it ("It" meaning GMs doing nothing/ warning the wrong people/ etc) comes up, I will definitely be taking screenshots. I didn't want to be "that guy" about this crap but it looks like I might have to.
*loud burp*

Dev gives update warnings in OOC, so if you happen to have it off, and an update is coming around, you might get surprise booted off the game.
Then he should probably use GM Announce for that sort of thing. OOC shouldn't be something to keep on imperatively.