Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[OOC] Auto Mute
"[url=http://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=3632#p3632 Wrote:Ranylyn » Sun Jan 18, 2015 5:03 am[/url]"]
But I actually got warned recently for asking people to stop this kind of stuff. So clearly the GMs don't care about that, and I really can't leave it up to their jurisdiction.

Are you sure that's what you were warned for? Unless you were asking impolitely, I don't see why you'd be warned for asking people to stop spamming.

Anyway, we do care about people spamming the OOC and that person in particular has been given verbal warnings for flooding the OOC before, so I'll be inclined to give them an actual warning asking them not to flood the OOC and to not post incomplete sentences like that when I next see them.
[Image: 95e2774f19.png]
First off, Sly, I want to say thank you.

Secondly, since I feel you deserve to know what happened in case you wanted to comment, and I'd rather not raise a public ordeal about this, I'll be PMing you with the exact details of what actually went down, to clear up any confusion.

It's not as clear cut as I'm making it sound, to be sure, but the fact that I was the one who got warned during the whole thing was kind of ridiculous. I didn't take screenshots and it's up to you if you want to believe me or not.
*loud burp*
Use Talk, tell a GM, play with OOC settings. Auto mutes don't work well, and even I have a tendency to type like this sometimes.
It became a habit of certain people to flood ooc with repetitive questions the moment someone doesn't reply to them in ten seconds, linebreak after every two words etc.

PD, it's a poor argument to use "If you don't like this dumb stuff, you can always turn ooc off." The comparison I like to use is, you are in a library, you wish to read and then that single mother decides to drag her infant along. And as expected, it started screaming like it was getting murdered. The proper way is not to force everyone that minds to leave the library, but to remedy the screaming.

I'd more rather modify the rules a bit to reflect that you're not supposed to excessively flood OOC. I mean, 3-5 lines is bit much but not that bad. But Illuminati went overboard (And were you to provide later logs, you could notice he did it with the purpouse of annoying people.)
"[url=http://neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=3687#p3687 Wrote:Sarinpa1 » Sun Jan 18, 2015 5:54 am[/url]"]It became a habit of certain people to flood ooc with repetitive questions the moment someone doesn't reply to them in ten seconds, linebreak after every two words etc.

PD, it's a poor argument to use "If you don't like this dumb stuff, you can always turn ooc off." The comparison I like to use is, you are in a library, you wish to read and then that single mother decides to drag her infant along. And as expected, it started screaming like it was getting murdered. The proper way is not to force everyone that minds to leave the library, but to remedy the screaming.

I'd more rather modify the rules a bit to reflect that you're not supposed to excessively flood OOC. I mean, 3-5 lines is bit much but not that bad. But Illuminati went overboard (And were you to provide later logs, you could notice he did it with the purpouse of annoying people.)

I see your point. I'm not parleying this with you. OOC still shouldn't be something anyone has to keep on. If someone doesn't want to subject themselves to the insipid vomit that plagues OOC on an hourly basis, then they shouldn't have to. I'm not disagreeing with the desist of spam, I'm just making my point. Thanks for your input.
[Image: Y8FFQj7.jpg]
^Mercala's Favorite Apparently
[Image: To2mAPS.png](heh)
Dev's pretty much already made a statement on the matter. OOC is for everyone as long as no one's breaking the rules anyway. No matter how stupid the content is, it's not there for one or a group of people to use. If you don't like it, turn it off and stop complaining.
Quote:OOC Devourer Of Souls: I did literally nothing and have never played YGO in my life.
OOC Black Chaos X: OOC Devourer Of Souls: no one activated zera ritual
OOC Blissey: HHHAHAHAAA
OOC Devourer Of Souls: That's fake.

Tengen Toppa [Image: 2zolp55.jpg] !!!
"[url=http://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=3688#p3688 Wrote:Blissey » Sun Jan 18, 2015 6:02 am[/url]"]
I see your point. I'm not parleying this with you. OOC still shouldn't be something anyone has to keep on. If someone doesn't want to subject themselves to the insipid vomit that plagues OOC on an hourly basis, then they shouldn't have to. I'm not disagreeing with the desist of spam, I'm just making my point. Thanks for your input.

Yeah, I understand what you're saying.

Regardless, despite the Automute being declined, might be worth giving the OOC a few guidelines if the issues persist. It mostly calmed down nowadays anyway, since the people that were being terrible on ooc got tired of the shit they have been getting for what they're doing. So it's perhaps even possible that OOC will maintain itself on its own.

But that's for a different topic.

(Also OP, collect those logs, since this doesn't happen when any GMs are around. And almost on daily basis.)
"[url=http://neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=3693#p3693 Wrote:Sarinpa1 » Sun Jan 18, 2015 1:20 am[/url]"](Also OP, collect those logs, since this doesn't happen when any GMs are around. And almost on daily basis.)

I will definitely start doing so. And I'd like to request everyone's help as well. Just like the GMs, I can't always be on and catch everything. And if we get duplicate logs being reported, that just means all the more people are complaining about it.

(Also, I like the library example. It's very true.)
*loud burp*
You don't need to outright mute someone. Just have a limit to how many lines they can post in OOC, like say 3 lines every 10 seconds. If someone tries to flood the chat a script would prevent them and say "please chill the fuck out and wait a few seconds before posting again."