Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[QUE] Cobra and On Hit effect.
Is cobra supposed to be able to dodge on hit effects? I think I remember that this was removed so I assume it's a bug again.

weird stuff happens when you attack a person with an on hit effect damage weapon like a Fenri as used in this picture
--- ROUND 0 ---
Shivania van Fenrir's turn.
Glorious Grappler takes 33 Blunt physical damage. (Heaven Kick / Weight)
Critical Hit! Shivania van Fenrir attacks Glorious Grappler with Weight and hits them!
Shivania van Fenrir recovered 2 FP.
Glorious Grappler's turn.
The world will reboot automatically in approximately 20 minutes. Be prepared.
Evasion! Shivania van Fenrir takes 68 Blunt physical damage. (Heaven Kick / Shoot-Style Wrestling)

So the intial attack Hit, critically even, but then the on hit seemed to be dodged and negated the first attack aswell? Thats atleast what I assume, have no debug infos as that accured randomly but I could try and replicate it.
I believe this was changed a while ago so on hit doesn't apply on cobra dodge.
Yea it was changed back then so on hit effects don't trigger Cobra, but it does now again.
Dev means that it was changed so that cobra negates the on-hit if it evades the attack. Which is why the post has a check mark.
[Image: 400px-Nihilus%2C_the_Abyssal_Flame.gif]
Ending 145: Disappointed in Humanity
b-but thats silly.
Cobra is pretty much a "dodge". That means that an on-hit can't exactly do anything as far as things are concerned, because usually from an IC perspective the weapon doesn't make any contact.
Its the opposite though. you DO hit and make contact. You pass the hit check with your basic attack and hit. Then the on hit effect applies but THAT is dodged. Something that already hit shouldn't be dodged.
Only mechanically. This part would be more Balance Fu than bug report for passing a hit check and still being dodged.
While you're at it, you can fail evasion checks on shell effects too, which require a on hit type thing, but yes this belongs in balance fu at this point.