Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Big Meaty Claws
Right now, thanks to the new traits, Shaitan is one of the most powerful races in the 'current tank meta' thanks to the trait 'Painful Grip', that gives Shaitan a tool to ignore defense once per turn with Grapple. STR dump with the right tools is not a hard thing to do, and it makes the trait incredibly oppressive not only because of their low cooldown, but also because it's very easy to pull, with very little chance of failing it (85% of success with full talent).

[Image: LQWnFmF.png]
In the image above is a Shaitan with 72 Scaled STR. Now, onto the changes I propose here, and I feel like both should take place:

1. Painful Grip now ignores armor, and not Physical DR.
2. The cooldown of Grapple should be increased by one turn (2 in total) if the Shaitan grabs the Painful Grip trait. If the suggestion above doesn't take place, the cooldown should be instead increase to 3 turns total.

Thoughts?
Sounds fine to me, it does quite a lot of damage, might hurt a lot of shaitans who just didn't dump completely in STR but thats on them I suppose.
It should just ignore Armor and not Physical Damage Reduction, I agree.

A Shaitan building nothing but STR can easily invalidate a heavy amount of stat investment and class point investment with nothing but a single trait. Besides, it's not as if this change will make Painful Grip any less worthy, since PvE mobs are now packed with Armor and Magic Armor.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
While a change should be in effect I don't think both at the same time is a good idea that's a rather big cut on the chopping block. I'd either change it to ignore armor and keep its current cooldown or keep the formula and increase its CD to 2-3 turns.
This probably was already said, but yes, if it just ignored armor instead of physical DR then it would be fine where it is.
[Image: jBTJOXi.png]
Making it not ignore DEF sounds good.
[Image: Fern22.gif]
[Image: unknown.png]