Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Aquarian Race
Name: Aquarian

Type: Corrupted

Lore: The sea is a completely unexplored new world. Around the globe, only the surface and the shallow waters are ever known. But recently, a few different, humanoid beings have been emerging from the salty waters around Dormeho. The strange language they used was unfamiliar, but with time, both Dormehans and Aquarians could understand each other and learn more between themselves, and further hint about an unexplored, unreachable kingdom underseas.

Aquarians are very similar to human beings, but of course, they are a vast species. A few have very notable differences than others, such as scales, black sclera, fish-like parts or blue skin, while others are nigh-similar to humans if not for their gills.

It is barely known that any changes on Iahsus may have an influence on them too, but such is to be seen yet...

Base Stats:
STR = 2
WIL = 4
SKI = 6
CEL = 5
DEF = 3
RES = 3
VIT = 8
FAI = 0
LUC = 5
GUI = 2
SAN = 0
APT = 2

Reference Pictures:
(Right Click and 'View' to make it expand to its normal size.)
[Image: wallhaven-372660.png]
[Image: unknown.png]
[Image: 1994f5b0357aac6033b8380294198d3c.jpg]
[Image: unknown.png]
[Image: __original_drawn_by_yi_lee__918a9fa00455...9cff2f.jpg]

Racial Passives:

Seafaring Creature
Belonging of the seas, Aquarians gain a 15% Fire/Water resistance, but being unfamiliar outside it, they suffer a 10% Earth/Lightning/Ice weakness. Both effects are reduced by your Scaled SAN, to a minimum of 0.

Diving Prowess
Aquarians are extremely well-adapted to performing underwater tasks, but not much for anything else. Physical Stamina costs for Diving are reduced by 3, but increased by 6 for any other labor.

Racial Traits:
(PS: Traits should be what will define their main difference, no Aquarian is the same as another, most of the time.)

Shark Bite
(Only one Aquarian Racial Skill can be chosen.)
Shark-like Aquarians have deadly, extremely sharp teeth and a blood sense. Targets an enemy within 7 (-1 per 3 Scaled SAN, min 1) range, moves up and bites them, inflicting (Scaled STR) unresistable pierce damage that may inflict Lingering Damage for 3 rounds (LV = Character Level - Scaled SAN). (3 round cooldown)

Siren’s Song
Siren-like Aquarians have enhanced vocal chords, which they can use to enthrall their foes. Targets all enemies in a 6 (-1 per 3 Scaled SAN, min 1) range circle and may inflict Charm (LV = Character LV/2) and Confusion for 3 rounds. (3 round cooldown)

Ink Shot
Squid-like Aquarians have ink sacks hidden in their mouth or hanging over their tentacles. Targets a 4 (-1 per 3 Scaled SAN, min 1) circle in 5 range and fires a jet of ink in their eyes, inflicting Blind and Soaked for 3 rounds. (3 round cooldown)

Wave Caller
Mermaid-like Aquarians are excellent at magically controlling water. D-Rank Invocation. Summons a tidal wave in a wide horizontal line that moves forward until the edge of the field, pushing them over along and dealing Water ATK (Character LV*3)% as Water magic damage. At the end of the push, every enemy damaged will be inflicted with Soaked for 8 rounds.

Slippery Scales
Eel-like Aquarians have a body covered in slick scales that conduct electricity. Grants them a 50 (-5 per 1 Scaled SAN, min 0)% chance to reflect Lightning damage and +30 Evade for the purposes of triggering Evasion.

==============================================================================================
==============================================================================================

Final Considerations: There has been 2 attempts at having a sea-faring race, none were even glanced at given the game had worse worries to be addressed by the time. This will most likely be the last stand of them, and a more recent too since both were done for about months ago.

The goal with an 'Aquarian' race is to make something that can fit multiple themes, so carbon-copy races in the future are avoided when in the end, just one or two different racial skills would be the best solution to avoid more future nuisances of people going 'Only a Siren? But what about Squids?' or 'Only a Squid? But what about Sharks?', you get my intention there. (Mainly, to reduce the case of Grimalkin and Felidae, Reaper and Appertaurus. They're about the same race but with a different name/base stats.)

As for 'why Corrupted?', the reason is because we did not have any new Corrupted races for about four or five years. It would be nice to get a newer one to the fray. But Aquarian fits about the same for 'Other' too, if that makes more sense than Corrupted.

For icons, I don't think they'd need much, and more things could be added to their Racial Icons in the future. For now, they could be seen as just 'Normal Humans with gills', but gain more add-ons over the course of time, when people move their lazy fingers to help.

As for what is written above on my pitch. That, if unbalanced or whatever, can be changed around to fit SL2's current balance better. I don't mind if some of the proposed things are implemented or not, that should be up to the Developer's sane choice.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
I rather like this idea and would be up for it, it sounds like a neat idea tbh and could be a fun change of pace

I imagine the plan for them like all other corrupted is having welcome corruption as well kunai?

as for term of racial iconing it could be just as easy to toss the tail hyattr have on them and leave it at that since most other things are simply rp detail

the skills certainly sound interesting to boot for racial traits; my only slight concern possibly is the mass of eel scales fish folk happening to purge the lightning community; but beyond for that I like the idea following them alot
Cool idea but I don't think they'd be corrupted. I see them as the Other category. I'd also buff Diving Prowess and throw in +10 water atk every time they cast aquarian domain spells.
I love flexible yet diverse races such as these; there's a ton of playby potential. You've got my vote.
[Image: rwFTX1T.png]
Some of the abilities might be a little too strong comparing to other races but it seems alright. You also might need to supply some icons for it as well.
[Image: BAWqB6P.png]
[Image: fa5d9fd2e3f77f27206bb134638b5f28.png]
I'm with saw on this, there's alot of playby potentials with this race. +1 from me.
[Image: Empress_of_Light.gif]
I could work on the necessary icons, overworld icons, trait icons, skill icons and animation icons myself/ask Slydria and the Dream Team to give me a hand, but it mainly depends on Dev's view on it.

What he will need and etcetera. I need the boss's input to start working about it.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
I also don't think they need 3 weaknesses lightning alone is good. Earth sounds questionable but is a better combo as earth/lightning. Ice completely no they're used to cold waters. So I'd do Fire/Water resist but Earth/Lightning weakness.