Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Legend Extension, extensions!
I know, no one like the endless grind (except for me apperently), but as someone who usually just plays very few characters but focuses on them, I feel like I haven't been really progressing much on them gameplay wise for over 3 years. Sure they went along with the changes, slightly changed stuff with the change of classes but so did everyone else, so it wasn't really progressing in that sense...And since I still have 7 Inks to put nowhere, I thought HEY why not adding some few more Extensions. So we can all suffer a bit longer...Together!

Knowledge:
- Max 3 Ranks (or 5 even?): Increases Skill Pool size per rank by one. (Can be useful for most people or useless for others.)
- Max 1 Rank: Increases Item drop rate +25% (similar to Deja Vu, just for drops, should stack with lucky enchants and probably with others with this ink-trait)
- Max 1 Rank: Increase money drop rate +25% (Cause why not.)

New Category: Luminary Devotion
For Devotees of their Element and increases the power of your star sign, though ONLY during Prominence months (or doubled during those? I don't want to make it too strong, though it's inks so maybe fair enough?) only one can be choosen.
-Max 3 Ranks for each starsign: increases the coresponding stat and elemental atk +1 per rank.
Also no starsign 3 ranks: increases power of basic attacks +2 (so there is an actual reason to go non elemental starsign)

Fate: (simply updating the list)
Fated Enemies (Iceblood)
Fated Enemies (Insects)
Fated Enemies (Possessed)

Profession:(I guess I drop it here? Might be a new category all along)
- Max 5 Ranks per baseclass: Increases the max level of the base class and all promotion classes +1 per rank (goes well with Skill Pool increase and finally alows people to reach level 40 on classes, even numbers.)

Transformation: (Human Only)
Basically just allowing a Human to switch between his sub races. Mostly as a way for Characters that created before Alstalsian/hyoyain/Dormehan were selectable races to switch to it, when they RP'd coming from there.

This One I am super unsure about, and actually lean to not adding at all:
Max Rank 5: Each rank costs 5 inks. Increases maximum level +1 per rank.

I don't think it's needed, and think level increases at this point should be tied to special tasks, that are very difficult and rewardning, instead of just grinding it up again. Like defeating special bosses or something. It shouldn't be easy for sure, thats why I'd be okay with it only when the grind for it is really hella difficult, and 13 LEs are certainly a number. Masochistic and character loyality reward mentallity and all that.

The other should be fine though, I think?
Might also be a good time to add new "kill 100"- Quests, and maybe make them renewable aswell.
I support these! Not so much when it comes to increasing the maximum level of classes or a character's level yet.. I definitely love the human transformation suggestion for mentioned reasons, since I too am in the same boat. Pretty sure you suggested human race change before for a donation item, but I think this is totes better. +1
[Image: GQJ8dCS.png]
[Image: unknown.png]
What I would like to see, is the ability to transform into a shaitan.
Hanzo post_id=36395 time=1556763229 user_id=2041 Wrote:What I would like to see, is the ability to transform into a shaitan.

Humans can do that already.
I really like the extra slots under knowledge, they'd be a big help to a lot of builds that struggle with skill slots.
Max levels absolutely should not be touched. That would break the game entirely-- for classes and characters both. Likewise do I have concerns for Luminary Devotion and the skillslot part of Knowledge.

For Luminary Devotion: This would become another mandatory slot to fill out if you want to build as optimally as possible, if it was any kind of reliable. At best, it's bonus stats. And bonus stats are what we were trying to move away from when things like Death Knighting and Fugu Katsu got nerfed. At worst, it's useless. I don't mind the increase in elemental attack, but bonus stats are a sin and they should not be encouraged.

For Knowledge: Giving people skillslots for inks would become 100% mandatory for anyone doing PvP. Why would people not want it? It's a HUGE advantage over someone who doesn't have it and I disagree entirely that it should be given out in such a fashion.

I'm in favour of everything else, however.
MakeshiftWalrus post_id=36402 time=1556803863 user_id=56 Wrote:For Knowledge: Giving people skillslots for inks would become 100% mandatory for anyone doing PvP. Why would people not want it? It's a HUGE advantage over someone who doesn't have it and I disagree entirely that it should be given out in such a fashion.

Some classes really need them and some classes don't, I don't quite think it'd be 100% mandatory but it'd be an extremely significant bonus, if we had more traits in the game right now people would say the exact same thing about the +3 trait points, so I don't see much of a difference aside from that.

That said, it'd have to be limited to 3 at the absolute max I'd say.
I'd be fine with the stars only increasing elemental stats aswell. +3 elemental attack isn't much at all.

Skill pool I am of the same opinion as Spo really, it can or can not be useful, depending on build.

I mostly just want to get out of the Character progress freeze, and honestly feel that tiny small but noticeable progressions wouldn't break the balance at all. I think the balance and fun died once we were capable of reaching max level within 2 hours.
Spoops post_id=36404 time=1556822758 user_id=193 Wrote:Some classes really need them and some classes don't, I don't quite think it'd be 100% mandatory but it'd be an extremely significant bonus, if we had more traits in the game right now people would say the exact same thing about the +3 trait points, so I don't see much of a difference aside from that.

That said, it'd have to be limited to 3 at the absolute max I'd say.

There are options to gain more skill slots in ways that don't literally involve a tedious grind, over and over. People rightfully should be punished for not statting for them, in my opinion. And it's not hard to get three extra slots to use up, the only concern is how efficient it is, stat-wise. In my experience, most of the skill slot-heavy classes have ways to alleviate their problems enough, or should optimally be building the stats that grant slots in the first place.

People already go crazy over getting 1+ stat inks filled up before they feel comfortable jumping into PvP. This would in no way shape or form help in that regard. And not everyone is a veteran with an effective strategy for reaching 60 quickly, this is just yet another, unnecessary hurdle for them.

Shujin post_id=36405 time=1556824929 user_id=135 Wrote:I mostly just want to get out of the Character progress freeze, and honestly feel that tiny small but noticeable progressions wouldn't break the balance at all. I think the balance and fun died once we were capable of reaching max level within 2 hours.

Increasing levels is not the right call to make in this situation. Even if five levels might seem small, 15 extra stat points can mean the difference between a build that works and a build that does not. This is especially important in PvP. And the disadvantage it would present to those that could not afford to spend a week, slaving away at the game to get the inks required would likely result in an even larger stagnation.

Because why bother? You're mathematically inferior before you even try, until you get those last five levels under your belt. This is disregarding any changes to the current softcaps.

I do agree that at the moment, the game is thoroughly tested through. We've seen almost everything the PvP-scene has to offer at this point. I just don't agree that this is the right way to change it up.
I disagree with having a week to spend or even a month, to be something undesireable in a years long ongoing longtime RP system. If anything it's the opposite in my opinion and that having to put so little effort in the game as currently, that it hurts more than it helps, but thats preferences I guess and just opinions. Some want to just have a character maxed out as quick as possible so they can for some reason compete with 40 IC years veterans at the age of 13, others want it to be a ongoing progress over time and actually feel the accomplishment of reaching it. The former is for me discouraging, cause it doesn't feel deserved.

I do however agree, as already posted in the very first post, that it's probably shouldn't be tied to something like grinding, cause thats just boring and demotivational to do the same thing over and over. Class levels I don't think break that much actually at this point. But I don't care mucha bout it either, it was just a suggestion.