Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Think Say (THAY)
Add a think-say and think-emote that only displays to the player making such a thay or themote. When looking on logs in the past, I'd like to remember how my character felt in those moments, and it would make it easier to do so with such a tool.
[Image: rwFTX1T.png]
Personally, if the think-say that other games such as Finale/Dragon Universe have is also added here, I think it should be visible to other people in italic text. If people don't want their characters thoughts to be so clear to players, then they can just not use the command.

Although I think making it so only the user can see the text is kind of pointless, because if the point is to remember your character's exact thoughts, then wouldn't you be able to log the roleplay and add that fragment in-between the logs afterwards?

I think having a think-say wouldn't hurt, but I feel that it should be visible to others. This is my opinion though.
[Image: Fern22.gif]
[Image: unknown.png]
The only purpose it really serves in those other games is because certain characters can hear others thoughts. Unless something similar was in SL2 I'm not sure how much use would be gotten out of the feature. Then again it wouldn't do any harm and people already put their characters thoughts in the say chat and just wrap it in arrows < ... > It might clear up confusion when people do that as not everyone knows that people are thinking when they use those arrows.
-------------------------------------------------
[Image: 1599085341408.gif]
I can tell you now that the only thing a visible think-verb would be good for, would be sassing people without risk of consequence. It's one of the most obnoxious things in role-play that I have ever encountered.

It has no function. It serves no purpose. No one can hear it, anyway. No thank you.

I don't have any opinion on a private verb.
A private verb, while niche, might be of some use to some people I suppose, so I'd be fine with it. Might open the door to a thought reading race / trait later - who knows.

But yeah, one that can be heard by other players is going to be used to sass their characters so the player can clearly see it but do nothing, which will just be annoying and give people a way to be obnoxious, like said. No support to that idea.
[Image: 400px-Nihilus%2C_the_Abyssal_Flame.gif]
Ending 145: Disappointed in Humanity
I don't think a think-say verb has much point at all, but if it were to be added I think it should only be visible to the player unless there's some new race/trait like Apple mentioned.

My personal opinion on the matter is that using for thoughts is just bad form, impossible to react to and emotes could very well serve the same purpose.

IE: Ren Brown says "< Wow that's cool! >" to "Ren Brown appeared to be astonished at the display in front of him!"

That said, I'm not completely against it.
I agree with Walrus, WaifuApple, and Miller on the opinions on public think-says.

The reason why I personally don't go to edit my logs is because I want to write what I think is going on at the time, not when I'm logged off and going through the log files with a mark-up in mind.
[Image: rwFTX1T.png]