Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
something about EXP
since someone decided to lock a perfectly good thread migration, i'm gonna make this real quick.

so with the bug report about mob spawning in a cleared BDP was made, i assume they'll be fixing that beautiful little bastard of a bug pretty soon. now you may be wondering, what does this mean for me, chanceko? well, it's simple. y'all about to experience what it means to really, really be grinding out here like it's the free market. for some of you, this won't affect you at all. y'all got friends, no job, no day schedule, something in between, so you're all set.

somebody will clear a BDP with you, and you have the 1 - 3 hour timeframe to spare to get it done.

now, for someone like me, it ain't so easy. i have a pretty flip floppy schedule sometimes. i'm something of an insomniac, boo hoo, but i'm also pretty infrequently capable of just hopping in whenever. this means most of my friends can't or won't have the time to help me clear a black door when i need the fatty experience.

in other words, i have to slam the jammer cave any time i LE or any time i make a new character, and pray that i have enough time to get up to an applicable level before black beasts roll into town (rarely lines up with my schedule), or a low level dungeon spawns (rarely lines up with my schedule).

but that's just the outline of the problem for SOME folks. i'm sure experiences differ, and some people either have it even harder than me or may even find the leveling as it stands impossible without consistent outside influence and help. so instead, let's get to the meat:

how do we solve this problem once the bug is fixed? tower grinding is gone as we knew it, and black beasts + purple iahsus are both pretty damn inconsistently timed. well, some people in the last thread had some pretty good ideas! one idea was to introduce a new(old?) dungeon type that has a higher exp rate in exchange for even tougher mobs. now, this one doesn't solve the problem for people like me, but it's something.

the other idea, that i can maybe explain a bit better, involves incorporating the 'bug' into the game in some way. for an example, the one they gave, say a dungeon has been empty for 5-10 minutes, yeah? what if the bottom floor spawned a mob, then, when a player is idling in there to keep it open. bam, there's a full clear bonus for one of our boys and their juice crew, without even needing to break any sort of game convenience or ruining someone else's fcb (the rare time that happens).

i'm not saying these ideas are perfect, they're not, but that's why i made a thread. let's talk about it.
I did already make a thread to discuss EXP changes https://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic....amp;t=7222 I anticipated the bug being reported would cause and bit of a fuss so made the thread for discussion, some people have already left their opinion its probably best to keep discussion all in one thread for ease of reading.
-------------------------------------------------
[Image: 1599085341408.gif]
oh sick thank you. i only woke up a while ago at the time i wrote all that, so i didn't have a chance to check, and felt the thread lock would drop a lot of people's motivation's to discuss it so i had to be quick on the move.

ty for tellin' me.