Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Single Shot vs Multi-Shot
48% Hesitation affects basic attacks only.

-24 SKI/CEL only really helps if you can hit your target, and if they don't have a spirit mirror up. Which if they do, you'll probably end up shooting yourself for a lot of damage. See Arbalest vs Spirit mirror arguement.

12 Round intereference is great and all. Too bad combat generally never goes past Round 6. Or if I was a single shot gunner fighting someone, I could just kill them in a single round anyways, not caring about spirit mirror or BoI.
I sure hope this is the end of these shenanigans.

Also, Ensui isn't the only thing that can tamper with gun damage. Having a certain shield, as well as certain kinds of materials on your equipment will easily go against akimbo gunner setups. I think there's a torso or some that also helps with this.
[Image: a2794117f3.png]
[12:53:15 AM] Chaos: don't hit dyst
[12:53:18 AM] Chaos: that's cruelty to animals
[12:53:20 AM] Chaos: you have to shoot it
[12:53:20 AM] Dystopia: ye
Ensui, Detective Trench < Which can't get any qualities or ore types >, and a Magnetic Shield. 7 Ensui, 5 Trench, 3 ( or 4? ) Shield. With that set up you reduce incoming gun damage by 15 damage each, however you show off exactly what you're going to be wielding for that fight and promptly have to deal Water or Dark damage to harm your opponent with that sword < Or use things that don't use a weapon. See: Heavy Tackle >.

In either case, that's a high rarity sword and a rare-enough shield that makes you a bullet magnet for your friends. That also reduces the damage after crits, so their 22 damage could turn into 33, reduced by 15, would still put it in modest areas, though it would completely, and utterly, devastate the extra shell damage of pretty much every type they deal. My main arguement is that the akiimbo gunner can still outdamage, and generally out perform the sniper excel, and get around the weaknesses that the sniper excel has quite easily. The only downside being range and if someone builds .specifically. to counter your shots, which they show to you before combat, you're screwed.

That set up to counter those guns require 3 equipment slots to counter, one of which is... pretty god awful < See Trench Coat being pretty useless otherwise >
I suggested before material types with bonuses specifically detrimental to guns , that have uses for other things(Kevlar& ceramic)

Sniper could be better if it's charge cap was higher , or if it's damage and hit got bonuses the farther away the enemy is