Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Possible Cinder Abuse Nerf Idea
Bryce_Hego post_id=36935 time=1560913847 user_id=2080 Wrote:I'm gonna be honest Snake and Fern seem like you both want cinder tile users to SUFFER while I want them to be LESS INTIMIDATINGLY STRONG but not useless. 50% reduction for all push/pulls doesn't sound too evil, but 50% reduction per cinder tile means 1 and a half cinder tiles worth of damage and then you can't do anymore with them. Maybe I was too light on the numbers I gave, but it's not my choice at the end of the day.
I mean, I'm pretty sure cinders are strong enough right now that your nerf would be too little. You said it yourself, the final damage would still be around 200 per attack.

I'm conflicted on it though, maybe that's the nerf we should go for.
Buffs/nerfs should preferably be small adjustments, to avoid going too far and making something useless.
WELP! I gotta say something about it to complete the RANT.

Lets get this straight; In PvP, fire tiles, with push and pull is beyond DISGUSTING. You need CERTAIN, and I mean CERTAIN requirements to fight against it. That's like telling everyone to stop their unique/creative builds and get XYZ just to fight fire tile spammers (Which only proves it doesn't have much counter play, lol) which are everywhere now. It's really not as fun as people want to believe. Shiken, Charge, into bash. If they're running DH? Cobra to the other-side and BASH again; that's the a free +400 damage off the bat and they can surely do it again next round. If bash doesn't work? force move never fails. Not a soldier? Well shit big dog, you got other things that can be just as good! Pull shot, Hand of the giant, Dense thunder and so on. They game has enough push and pull to abuse this.

It's not a matter of how much damage you can do with it, it's how effortless you can do this setup. It ain't no frostbite knock around that requires alot of setup that can easily be avoided because status inf is a b****. It's straight up use one move, charge, double bash or cover the field in flames via cyclone and twister them around or cyclone them around for the lols.

And you know, what makes matters worse, if someone is serious about the fire tile spam, they could run a Evoker/VA impure element build to get..Get this, +100 fire tile damage per a tile. How do you know? I've seen this build far too often.

PVE: In pve, fire tile is also just as broken, lol. All you gotta do is cover the mobs walking area with fire then move away. They'd kill themselves just by trying to walk towards you. (Unless it's a jammer with cooling jell)

Conclusion: It's too easy to setup and execute with how much damage it grants.

Quote:Suggestion: There are many suggestions floating around but: Reduce the fire tile damage by a certain percent however after someone walks or was push/pull against it, reduce those given tiles damage after and how long it will remain on the field for. Example: Someone's fire tile does 30 damage per a tile and last for 4 rounds. Someone walks through the given tiles, now, the tile damage reduces to 20 and only last for 3 rounds. The cycle resumes until they hit zero or until they leave the field. If it hits zero damage, just like ice tiles, they vanish once someone touches them. I'd also like to suggest water abilities like Rebia and so on, and water traps also reduces the fire tile's duration; in the sense of water is pouring down on the fire.
[Image: BAWqB6P.png]
[Image: fa5d9fd2e3f77f27206bb134638b5f28.png]
Worse in teamfights. Being able to place down cinder tiles basically means that team has a massive area to pull and pull either single targets over a large stretch or multiple targets over a smaller area. Blazing heaven kick into a 4 man and have fun.
I've changed it to where field effect tiles will do damage based on the damage multi of the knockback, similar to Hooked Spearhead, etc.
Neus post_id=36981 time=1561210152 user_id=2 Wrote:I've changed it to where field effect tiles will do damage based on the damage multi of the knockback, similar to Hooked Spearhead, etc.

I hope this doesn't nerf oil chain too hard, its the one field effect that deserves its damage, with all the telegraphing and setup.
I hope so too, Arbalest already sees very little love from the playerbase as it were.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mewni's post:
  • Trexmaster