Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lavender Tournament (9/1/19)
This event was made possible by the players who have spent money in my shop.

Countdown to the tournament:
https://www.tickcounter.com/countdown/14...ent-begins

On September 1st, my guild will be hosting a player tournament. I have spent some time in game handing out flyers, but there are some details that I am unable to articulate while in character. In this post, I'll be able to speak out of character and fill everyone in on the specifics.

This tournament will be single-participant and double-elimination. That means you fight one-on-one against other players, and you are eliminated only after you have lost two fights. It will be hosted inside my shop, The Hidden Gem, which some of you have already visited. I realize that team fighting is generally preferred, but as this is my first event, I have no idea how many players to expect. Rest assured that if we have sufficient participation, we will be hosting team tournaments in the future with even bigger prizes.

Speaking of the prizes, I'll address those now. Entry is free and there are no consolation prizes this time, but the top three players will receive compensation:

1st place: 5,000 murai + 2,000 bonus murai and 10,000 shop credits per entrant.
2nd place: 2,000 murai + 1,000 bonus murai and 5,000 shop credits per entrant.
3rd place: 1,000 murai + 500 bonus murai and 2,500 shop credits per entrant.

The more people who join, the bigger the prizes will be. If we have 15 people join, for example, then the 1st place winner would receive 35,000 murai and 150,000 shop credits. The 2nd place prize would be 17,000 murai and 75,000 shop credits, and the 3rd place prize would be 8,500 murai and 37,500 shop credits.

What are shop credits?
Shop credit is a form of currency that Lavender intends to track publicly on a sign board, inside the shop. In the near future, we will set up limited-access rooms with additional shopkeepers, where we will list incredibly valuable and fully-upgraded items at a high price. Your shop credits will act as currency toward purchasing items from these special shopkeepers. You tell us what you want, and we will remove it from the special shopkeeper and trade it directly to you. Then we will deduct your shop credits accordingly.

TOURNAMENT RULES:
1. This is an in-character event.
2. The fights themselves will be spars, and no serious injuries will be inflicted. If you want to role-play otherwise, understand that you may be at risk of punishment from the guards.
3. For the sake of everyone's time, the round timer must be set to 1 minute for all fights until the semi-finals. During the semi-finals and the final fight, you and your opponent can set the timer to whatever you like.
4. Similarly, if a fight has not concluded by the end of round 20, a judge will pick a winner and your fight will end. This rule does not apply to the semi-finals and final fight.

September 1, 2019 (Sunday)
1:00pm PST / 4:00pm EST
The Hidden Gem, Dormeho

When you arrive, I will add your name to the tournament brackets and match-ups will be randomized. Come early, because we will start no later than 10 minutes past the hour.

Other questions..

Can we swap around our classes and equipment?
Yes. In the future, we will likely host tournaments that restrict this. But for this one, participants will be allowed to do so.

Why singles?
Because I have no idea how many players to expect. I want to do group tournaments though, and I want to massively increase the prize payouts.

What is your guild?
My guild is just myself and a few friends who enjoy looking for rare items. But a person can only use so many items, so I decided to set up a shop. It is still under construction and I am missing several shopkeepers, but we're making progress.

Once again, a huge thank-you to everyone who has spent murai at The Hidden Gem. You have bankrolled this tournament into being a possibility, as well as everyone who has sold me asagorians.

-Gil Garth / Burdened Soul
Abridged version for anyone who doesn't read my big post:

- Tournament on 9/1/19
- Big prizes for winners
- Show up and fight hard
- Thanks for being awesome
A big thanks to everyone who was able to show up! Here are the full results of every fight.

https://challonge.com/6eiuohx

And a few screenshots..

The calm before the storm.
[Image: OMOEuCl.png]

An audience watching two preliminary matches.
[Image: yyE9b2x.png]

Joker and Atlas right before the final showdown.
[Image: RCyrfMg.png]

Congratulating and rewarding the winners.
You had to be there. Maybe next time!
[Image: 49315895ecf44b960474324bb0ab95cb.png]

We grew bored of this alias some time ago, but we are all still very much active in the community.

Catch us if you can.