Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A couple of speaking based Traits
So, I've recently ran in to another quiet person, and thought to myself; "Wow, be pretty awesome if I could just read their lips and see what they're saying." Then it hit me, why don't we just make that a trait! So as follows here is my idea.

Quote:Read lips: Requires 20 Base Skill: You are able to read someone's lips just as well as you could hear someone speak normally. Should you be unable to hear someone, you instead read their lips and gauge what they are saying instead.

This would apply to things such as 'Quiet Person', 'Whisper', and 'Ruptured ear' for terms of being able to hear someone instead of getting everyone's favorite. "says something but mumbles too quietly to hear."

However, there is one problem with that. What if you're trying to keep your conversation hushed?

Quote:Covered Mouth: You're not fond of people reading your conversations from a distance. When you attempt to whisper you cover your mouth so your words are not read from afar.

Just like that, your secret conversations are kept secret still. That is unless you're unaware you're conversations are being read on your lips, via lack of the trait. In a way these are traits that would fit the rumor-mill characters quite well in being able to pick up some tasty gossip.

This is open to thoughts and extended ideas. We have quiet person and loud person. So why don't we make a few more traits that influence the way characters communicate.
Well, i feel like if we have something like that, there should be the implement of being able to see "Nearby People" in a list... or else all you have to do is hide behind a building/obstacle to be able to hear everything you want, even if people would be more careful if they knew someone is around.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mewni's post:
  • Trexmaster
I hate both of these, what we really need is something that NEGATES QUIET PERSON ENTIRELY!
[Image: jBTJOXi.png]