Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Make Deadly Aim not shit
This is brief but simple - Anyone who has Arbalest as a class probably has Skill well into the softcap, so the Skill increase granted by DA really does bugger all. Just make it grant some raw Hit% instead and then DA will actually be worth considering.
We've all seen how utterly bonkers % increases are. I agree it should give something else than raw skill, but it should probably be flat increased hit, not based on percentage.
Flat hit is what I meant, aye.
Flat hit and a bonus to bow crit damage.
The soft cap system shines a pretty obvious light on how outdated this skill is, I agree. Considering Arbalest as a class currently only has Buster Cannon going for it, I could see a strong argument for making this at least usable. Flat hit, and potentially critical strike chance, seem most appropriate.

I believe this can be given to allies, so that will also need to be taken into account for how much of a bonus it provides.
Arbalest should be slated for a rework, the class is still running into Pre-GR hard counter issues and as Kameron put it, it is Buster Cannon: The Class ever since Oil Chain's effect got essentially nerfed alongside Cinders.

I'll note out that 90% of the time Arbalest is more suited to being a Fast hyper-damage build focused on killing something as fast as possible, which is contrast to Ranger which a lot of people like to use with Tank and aim to Crowd Control people.

Deadly Aim adjustments are a good start, a very good start.
Lolzytripd post_id=37693 time=1568832359 user_id=58 Wrote:Flat hit and a bonus to bow crit damage.

Arbalest is already gunphobic enough despite making them a class weapon, let's not exacerbate that further.
okay, flat hit and bonus crit damage.

The reason I say bonus crit damage, deadly aim still needs to be a damage steroid of some kind and they don't need more crit chance, but could use something that adds to a critical's damage, I figure additional 5%per rank.
In the current meta, getting a hit boost for multiple turns is already a fairly big deal though, I don't know if that's really necessary, however part of me wants to agree given that GUI/crit damage tend to be very underrepresented in-game.
Its also in the name -DEADLY- aim
Aim deadlier.

crit damage represents that idea the best.