Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Class Combo Comparisons Can Crazies
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7nsoqlK8...e=youtu.be

Each class combo gets three battles.

TL;DW, the point is that mages have a /way/ easier time clearing by a long shot, and typically don't even risk death compared to most melee builds.

The first few segments can be skipped since they're self-explanatory (mages wipe the field, who knew.) but the melee fights taking nearly 3-4x as long goes to show things are a wee imbalanced.

You also might say 'melees are better at dealing with single targets' and to that, I'll say mage spells rarely even care how many targets there are, they'll do the same damage regardless.

In brief...mages are just all around superior to just about every other class combo in the game (at least for clearing PvE--PvP is a whole nother bag of worms.) They clear faster, they've higher survivability (because they clear faster) and they're generally very simple to plan with.

EDIT: http://i.imgur.com/S40hcUp.png?4 Linked for size.

For those not wanting to watch the video ^

(Repost from the old forums.)
You didn't really need a video to prove this. Any combo with a mage class can do wonders in PVE for one simple reason.

AOES.
That's it really, other classes don't have amazing AOEs or good ones.
"[url=http://neus-projects.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=123#p123 Wrote:Miller » Wed Nov 12, 2014 8:09 pm[/url]"]You didn't really need a video to prove this. Any combo with a mage class can do wonders in PVE for one simple reason.

AOES.
That's it really, other classes don't have amazing AOEs or good ones.

Even then, I have a better time with LB because of the shape of its AOEs than with Evoker. Unless I had Magaisendo or the earth invocation.
Quote:OOC Devourer Of Souls: I did literally nothing and have never played YGO in my life.
OOC Black Chaos X: OOC Devourer Of Souls: no one activated zera ritual
OOC Blissey: HHHAHAHAAA
OOC Devourer Of Souls: That's fake.

Tengen Toppa [Image: 2zolp55.jpg] !!!
As a note, for people who can't view the image properly. You can OPEN then image in a new tab, or save it, and it will show properly. If not, and you're super lazy...

LB/Evoker 3 fights: 337 seconds
112.33 seconds per fight

LB/GS 3 fights: 394 seconds
131.33 seconds per fight

BK/Ghost 3 Fights: 1404 seconds
468 seconds per fight

VA/Ghost 2 fights(DIED): 815 seconds
407.5 seconds per fight

Ken/VA 3 Fights: 1222 seconds
407.33 seconds per fight

Ken/Ghost 3 Fights(DIED): 1474 seconds
491.33 seconds per fight

Ken/Arb 3 Fights: 907 seconds
302.33 seconds per fight

BK/ARB 2 Fights: 790 seconds
395 seconds per fight
That is the entire video. So lets see... how many 'seconds' that is average to a fight.
It's not even mages, it's just AOEs that factor into all this quick killing process. LBs are all about AOEs, so that's why anything involving them makes killing shit quicker. If anything, all this proves is that other classes all need some form of AOE or people need to not do, "well AOEs make people kill things quicker so that's unfair". Time's an important aspect in the scheme of life, but 400 sec which is just a little over 6 minutes isn't that big of a deal. In most RPGs, battles that actually benefit you XP don't take generally seconds UNLESS you use AOEs or kill things in 1 - 2 hits.
Quote:OOC Devourer Of Souls: I did literally nothing and have never played YGO in my life.
OOC Black Chaos X: OOC Devourer Of Souls: no one activated zera ritual
OOC Blissey: HHHAHAHAAA
OOC Devourer Of Souls: That's fake.

Tengen Toppa [Image: 2zolp55.jpg] !!!
"[url=http://neus-projects.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=126#p126 Wrote:Ryu-Kazuki » Wed Nov 12, 2014 7:26 pm[/url]"]It's not even mages, it's just AOEs that factor into all this quick killing process. LBs are all about AOEs, so that's why anything involving them makes killing shit quicker. If anything, all this proves is that other classes all need some form of AOE or people need to not do, "well AOEs make people kill things quicker so that's unfair". Time's an important aspect in the scheme of life, but 400 sec which is just a little over 6 minutes isn't that big of a deal. In most RPGs, battles that actually benefit you XP don't take generally seconds UNLESS you use AOEs or kill things in 1 - 2 hits.

okay, so I'm gonna try to decipher this, because what you said made me and my friend go "What the fuck is he talking about?"

You're saying that everyone should have an AoE, or they should "Get the fuck over it" because PVE grinding is horrendously awful. With 400 seconds being .almost. the average for all non-mage classes. The mages averaging at 120 seconds per fight almost.

"Six minutes isn't such a big deal!" except whenever it is whenever you have to fight lag, tons of deadly enemies < That the mages don't even really have to confront! >

What does
Quote:In most RPGs, battles that actually benefit you XP don't take generally seconds UNLESS you use AOEs or kill things in 1 - 2 hits.
even mean?

That's kind of an ambiguous statement, and all around awful logic. How isn't this a big deal whenever mages can do it in 1/4th the time, 1/8th or more if they are teaming up.
Mages are suppose to be superior at AoEs, that's a given. They'll of course have an easier time since it's their job to nuke battefields. As for Melee classes, I still just feel their inability to "Clear" dungeons faster is any sort of problem.

The only thing I kind of have a problem with is the fact that their -survability- isn't great, what with all the OnHit effects and being in range of enemy attacks. There should be more magic-stopping situations besides just elemental resistances. Maybe an enemy who's immune to magic while in a status (Kind of like Dive makes monsters harder to hit) Or an effect that drains a Mages focus when they are hit with a spell.
This is beginning to sound like a Balance Fu thread.
That is probably where it should be, to be honest.
Now it is.