Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Class Combo Comparisons Can Crazies
Well, here's another few reasons why this 'phenomenon' is the case:

1) You can count on one hand the number of monsters that roll higher RES than DEF. Also the majority of monsters that have higher RES than DEF also have excellent CEL/LUC.

2) RES doesn't goddamn matter because Charge Mind makes RES pitifully ineffective (2.5xmore damage - RES) unless you have Body Guard/Wraithguard (which monsters don't have). There's also no enemies out there that have effects that straight up negate magic (think Nullstone Gauntlets), and no enemy that can competently absorb burst (looking at you, useless Sturdy prefix...)

3) There is not a single enemy outside of the arena that can inflict Silence, or inflict Silence so fast that the mage cannot get off both Charge Mind and a spell. Also, the availability of silence counters (Throatopener, Silent Prayer, etc) render Silence moot.

4) Elemental immunities/heavy resists don't actually pose a problem. Casters usually have astronomically high WIL and multiple skill slots (even before the change that made levels give skill slots), so if they packed fire against fire resistant enemies, they most certainly packed wind, earth, and ice, too.
Well, after making an evoker GS < GS of which I do nothing with mind you >, I can say a few things with relative ease since it's lichhhh.

Most enemies have a fair amount of DEF/RES, the ones that do usually don't really matter about how much RES they have, because you can just murder them with Magaisendo, or conversely just go 'boop' and finish them off with Sear. The only spells my Evoker actually knows. I actually give 0 fucks about whether you have earth resist or not, you'll pretty much always die before you can touch me, and my mana will never be effected by it. < Isesip Chapter Tome, Geomancy, like 500+ FP >

Nothing out there, PvE wise, is actually that... what's the word... good. The only real threat you have as an enemy is a Barghest, which.. surprise surprise... is weak to Earth. To an Evoker, no real enemy actually poses a threat. Not even Vorpal Rabbits, because sure they move double time and hit hard, but they will die ridiculously fast because they didn't do anything more than increase their damage to maximum from that.

Silence wouldn't even help in said fights because the enemy that would have it < New, that is. > would have to get close enough to afflict you with it. Which almost never is the case. I'll get around to making a suggestion in a little bit about some new enemy archetypes that can deal with mages and 'balance' out PVE, but as of recent, melee actually has been getting a few 'buffs' in that regards. With Dodge-Monsters with Dive having their Dodge Boost reduced, it's become way easier to hit them. All that really needs to be reduced now, would probably be how obscene the damage of the huge pack is, compared to 2-3 monsters.