Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[v.2.13b] Acceling to the Sun
Agile Accel. A coveted skill by many. 1M. 1T cooldown. 10 FP to use. Same effect as Winged Serpent only for 5 tiles at the cost of needing no shoes equipped. It's perfect!

However. It should also be doing damage to you when you're overheated, which is where this bug report comes in!

Please correct me if i'm wrong, but i'm most certain something's off at least.

Now, to get to the point. Agile Accel doesn't seem to be giving me proper values of damage when I use it while overheating.

It should be.
Use.
Cooldown.
Use again, take 15 fire damage that's unresistable and unabsorbable.
Cooldown.
Use again, take 30 fire damage.
Then 45.
Then 60.
Then 75.
Then 90.
Then 105.
Then 120.

Yet, based on what this seems to be here. As tested with nothing more than 21% Fire Resistance.
[Image: 53wMqSQ.png]
[Image: Oq63Kjx.png]

Now, i'm not the best at math but I don't believe it's supposed to be

10, 19 , 29, 38, 49 , 58, 67, 77 when it should be 15, 30, 45, 60, 75, 90, 105, 120.

Even when accounting for 21% Fire Resist. My Armor was exactly 50. I tested and got the same values with and without an Ensui (-7 Damage/14 if they stacked but irrelevant since values were the exact same) as well as Know Your Pain at Level 5. No Claret Call or Hunted. No reason to take less fire damage of the physical kind beyond Fire Resistance.

I've shaved off and have been able to take a ton of risks with the mitigated damage this seems to be doing while still spamming it carelessly. Doesn't feel all that reckless. I genuinely failed to burn myself out and only realized after attempting to kill myself with it for IC reasons and it falling short.

So unless something else that I don't know of is being taken account for here, I believe this deserves a look at as for it seems bugged with how it's worded seen here.
[Image: v5fDUlU.png]

Please let me touch the sun as I intend.

Thanks for your time for reading this, I guess.
Unresistable and unabsorbable means it is not affected by resists.

its physical damage however and that will be reduced by your phys def%.
Lolzytripd post_id=38206 time=1572890019 user_id=58 Wrote:Unresistable and unabsorbable means it is not affected by resists.

its physical damage however and that will be reduced by your phys def%.

Considering I have 60% Phys DR% , I would be taking even less at that rate. Far, far, far, far less. Possibly even more if I stacked. I just took a look at it and it appears to be the same after i've used a Fruit of Fluidity and lowered my total Phys DEF to 20%.

I immensely doubt Phys DEF affects it too much or does so inconsistently. This would only go to aid in my assumptions. It still feels off to me but i'll do further testing.

Edit: Testing included:

Getting Bustered Cannoned and using the skill.
Reducing actual DEF Stat to 6, then 15, then 25, then 50 via Fluidity Fruit and using the skill.
Removing all armor and equipment, namely my Turtle Shell.
A new update. I lowered my Fire Resistance from 21% to 16% since SAN gives me an additional one and 15% is innate. The results are now different.

[Image: UeYIHY7.png]

This time, it's 10, 20, 31, 41, 51, 62, 72, 81 after lowering my fire resistance by a mere 5% which should have NO effect on something that states itself to be unresistable and unabsorbable. Nothing else in this game that I know of also has that it's unresistable and doesn't go through Phys DEF so I assumed this was not worth the test. Usually it's armor that lowers that damage.

This goes through armor and DEF and Phys DEF% but it still gets beat by fire resist. Which... Mechs have innately so that doesn't make much sense and confirms even more that it's bugged.
Fire Resist is affecting it and that is intended, when it says unresistable it means it goes through phys.DEF and armor, not that fire resist doesn't affect it. Fire Resist affecting the amount is seemingly intended, unless unresistable means a 3rd thing now.

After testing around a bit on one of my mechanations I was able surmise that with 0 fire resistance (I put on a jupiter badge) that I was taking the proper amount of damage.

Though if its doing physical damage, sources like Turtle Shell would reduce its damage, but not your DEF.
I see. That would make sense if that were the case. It is also possible that I took the words 'non-resistable' in a quite literal sense due to how it was worded in the description of the skill.

non-resistable and non-absorbable fire damage. So I had thought that it meant "Fire resistance and fire absorption will not work for reducing or mitigating this form of fire damage."