Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dark Claws (Shaitan) needs to be Great Reckoning'd.
Quote:Dark Claws

Powerful black carapace protects and increases the force of the Shaitan's attacks. They gain +6 (-1 per 10 Scaled SAN) damage to all attacks, but attacks with Tomes and Bows use up twice as much weapon durability (due to the delicate aspects being torn up more easily by Shaitan claws).

Could this be changed to "They gain +6 (-1 per 10 Scaled SAN) Scaled Weapon Attack" instead?

It will definitely fix a couple of very high damage issues people have been having with how Guns work. (The racial adds +6 damage per shot that is not divided per amount of rounds, which can turn this simple and innocent +6 damage into +24 damage, or even +48 damage, when using a Quickdraw.)
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
I'd rather giga tank shaitan builds not sink further into unlimited power with six free swa.

How about it just only affects fist weapons, for flat damage or for SWA? Shaitan is super solid as things are without dark claws that dark claws doesn't need to be an especially overpowering racial.
Honestly I've never seen how dark claws adding to ranged weapon damage has ever made sense, 6 SWA would technically be a buff for the passive overall and I could see it working very well.

The alternative is having it only effect melee weapons, that would fix nearly all issues until multi-hit melee weapons are ever introduced, and I doubt to the same extent as QUICKDRAW.
Spoops post_id=38560 time=1577234675 user_id=193 Wrote:Honestly I've never seen how dark claws adding to ranged weapon damage has ever made sense, 6 SWA would technically be a buff for the passive overall and I could see it working very well.

The alternative is having it only effect melee weapons, that would fix nearly all issues until multi-hit melee weapons are ever introduced, and I doubt to the same extent as QUICKDRAW.

The power you apply to the trigger adds more pew to your bullets.
Hanzo post_id=38564 time=1577296740 user_id=2041 Wrote:
Spoops post_id=38560 time=1577234675 user_id=193 Wrote:Honestly I've never seen how dark claws adding to ranged weapon damage has ever made sense, 6 SWA would technically be a buff for the passive overall and I could see it working very well.

The power you apply to the trigger adds more pew to your bullets.

Haha meme joke or not, this needs to be nerfed or balanced back because the meta with Shaitans (and lets be fair it’s an asshole build for lack of a better term) is duel Quickdraws with other damage stacking plus their weird 6+ claws that works with tomes, bows and APPARENTLY GUNS so yeah, can we just remove the fact they proc with range because that doesn’t make a lick of sense.
[Image: jBTJOXi.png]
Halving the bonus for tomes, guns, and bows seems like a good option to start with, removing it fully seems a bit too much imo so maybe even 25% effectiveness for those 3 weapon types. I believe it should only support swords, axes, fists, daggers, and spears fully.
Well, I'd rather make it to where it only applies to attacks made with melee weapons for now.
Thank you, daddy.
Praise be, Devsus!
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
:RAISED_HANDS:
[Image: jBTJOXi.png]