Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Town Battle Map
Currently, when you fight Black Beasts it puts you in a battle map according to the location you are actually in. How about having this for all fights that happen in towns such as:

1. Cellsvich
2. Dormeho
3. Tannis
4. Alstalsia
5. Chaturanga
6. Karaten
7. Oniga
8. Lispool
9. Law's End

I think it would be a nice effect.

lemme have a dramatic battle in the chaturanga bridge dev
[Image: Fern22.gif]
[Image: unknown.png]
I would love to see this implemented.

give us showdowns in the snow dev
God yes. The amount of times i've looked at this while doing guard work that involves fighting in a town only to be slapped with a grass plain. +! From me!
[Image: Empress_of_Light.gif]
I agree. My immursion is ruined every time I see ganks happening in Cellsvich and I go to watch the fight only to get thrown into an entire green field.
I think maybe battle maps should be kinda handled like this to start with, taking the immediate surrounding environment would be really tasteful, and especially for the arena too when it comes to spars, it'd be a much different experience fighting there if we were all in the actual arena instead of in a grassy box.

I imagine thats what's being tackled here though, so thats all I have to add.
I feel like we could probably give a change to the Arena a little bit more time, see where this map that was being made ends up leading. As of now, for that idea I just don't like it because it makes spectating feel awkward from an IC perspective. That giant wall makes it hard to really say you're "watching the fight" unless your IC position ends up being different from your mechanical position.

Other than that, all for this. If not this as it's suggested, perhaps it could be done like I remember seeing in one of the cities. Just a different tileset from grass (though other cities don't seem to share this effect, and I'm not sure which had it)
[Image: 400px-Nihilus%2C_the_Abyssal_Flame.gif]
Ending 145: Disappointed in Humanity
WaifuApple post_id=39069 time=1581491318 user_id=1751 Wrote:perhaps it could be done like I remember seeing in one of the cities. Just a different tileset from grass (though other cities don't seem to share this effect, and I'm not sure which had it)

Dormeho does that. Has the docks as the tiles for the tileset and all that. As for my take on this as a whole.

Go nuts. Do whatever. If it gives the BB Treatment, might make people more wary a bit as to where they're fighting but that's about it. I'd be bothered if I didn't see buildings around where I was fighting and it was just an OPEN AREA INSTEAD.

So sure. Yes. Sure.
I don't understand how we can get actual on-map battles with Black Beasts, but not in PvP.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
while stylish I fear a little that certain maps will cause "Softlocks".
Espicially the Chaturanga bridge as mentioned, simply cause of how battle positions are generated in with a North and one South faction. (The only map that doesn't do it is the Space Dungeon)

Experimenting with this on Custom PvP maps (And suffering, Give us Custom spawn locations on those please *cough*) If you build off the spawn locations there are two ways the game handles it:
1.) If there is one free tile next to it shoves you there (you can stack characters this way)
2.) You randomly appear on the Map.

And trust me...You do not want to randomly appear on the Map. Which I think will discourage people from actually using it which means its wasted effort from Devs side.
I remember some of the weird Dormeho Maps, in Black Beasts fights where one spawned at the very South seperated by a body of water so I couldn't reach it even with Shukichi-HK cause most of the field was water. And he didn't come over either for whatever reason.

So I guess actual dedicated Maps of the locations instead of grassfield > The Stylish immediate surrounding Immersion.

Simply cause I think the mechanic of it will do more bad than good otherwise. I still think we should have more options on Custom battlefields though some few changes to them could make them really fun.

Also while we are at it: Camps should behave like that too...A Fight started in Lordwain camp, spawning you into a grass field is kinda immersion breaking.
I'm with Shujin.
[Image: rwFTX1T.png]