Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Compass
So I'm sure anyone who's been grinding static dungeons has had that experience where you spend ages trying to find the boss in the haystack. This is especially annoying in ones that generate with tight, maze-y areas or even rarely when they're in a sectioned off area from the rest of a map due to a bug.

I think we could really do with a Compass feature to alleviate the above.

This could be implemented by any manner of things whether it's part of a talent, a trait, a function given by a quest item (much like the item belt) or however else it could be put in.

I imagine how it would work is that it's a small icon on the right corner of the screen, it would only pop up when in a dungeon. It would have eight directions with a few different coloured arrows that point toward important features of the dungeon you are in.

While there are many possible pointers for this, there are three that I have in mind: one to point toward upstairs, one to point toward downstairs and one to point toward existing cores or boss monsters. If a feature isn't in the dungeon, that arrow would be made invisible.
[Image: 95e2774f19.png]
Please, add this and have mercy on us. Roaming the halls of procedurally generated hell can be a nightmare when you have bad luck.
It only makes sense to have some kind of navigation within dungeons at this point. They're more complex now and sometimes longer, and as mentioned above, could save people from wasting their time in bugged dungeon.

+2 million.
[Image: Y8FFQj7.jpg]
^Mercala's Favorite Apparently
[Image: To2mAPS.png](heh)
This would be amazing. I normally lack the motivation to go into static dungeons to fight bosses over and over because finding it can be a real pain in the butt.

Link has a compass for his dungeon adventures, we need one too!
[Image: Fern22.gif]
[Image: unknown.png]
I mean I'm going to 200% agree with this, finding the boss in the random static dungeon is hell to do, let alone optimize correctly given they spawn every hour, it would make the slog of finding boss specific drops just that less unbearable.

+1000
Sure, I don't mind. Go on ahead. Let us learn the way of that which we call pathing.
I mean we DO have Karaten now, they'd probably be able to produce a magitechnology to aid adventurers. Could even tie it to a quest to make it more immersive.
As for utility? The Nebula dungeon effect already coughs the direction where the exit is, so it's a matter of copy-pasting its effect to an item.

Godspeed Dev. I'd love this, and from what I'm seeing, everyone else too.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]