Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Asago Racial Change
The ability to change race much like the fruit of fluidity changes your stats would make a great donation item

Others can probably think of better guidelines for doing this or explain them better then I can but the gist would probally be under the same guidelines as a name change.

Would be a popular item if just to save people from having to remake a whole character. combined with the fruit of fluidity.
Anytime someone wants to try a new race in combat, they have to go through the process of starting from scratch, getting to level 60 about five-ish times.
Whether as a donor item, or part of the seemingly for now GM-only rename repurpose package, it would definetly be nice to be able to change a race. We already can practicaly use our level 60 character as someone entirely new via name change and picture change. Heck, even can casualy just slap a different picture in, put up an alias, and et voila. New character.

So I don't see any reason why not!
Was actualy hoping for something like this to happen eventualy. I'm not excited about the prospect of grinding up 10 more characters (several times) just to try out the different races.
+1
I think this is fine as long as GMs moderate it. I don't think a donation item should be used for changing race.
[Image: Y8FFQj7.jpg]
^Mercala's Favorite Apparently
[Image: To2mAPS.png](heh)
I personally think this defeats the whole purpose of starting/playing another race so I'm against it sorry. It would be the cheapest thing to use and it wouldn't take into account the effort people already put in into making these characters. This would just cause people to redo their characters into an obviously more meta and powerful build with disregard into how much time it takes to start a new character. Overall seems like an easy way out of changing fully inked characters into better races so. Not my cup of tea. Maybe a one time thing per key or something but even then it doesn't feel right. Fruit of fluidity is different because you can already manually respec your stats through legend book, fruit is just instant. This however is entirely different.
A race changer sounds nice but I can see how abusive this can be. People will consistently switch between many different races and cause many different confusion and so on. Especially for people that are pvp meta slaves. I'd say if this should be suggested, its a GM only thing. Only letting the GM change your race similar to the name change situation. As well as a reason for it and so on. So they can decide if it's worth it or not. In case, you know, like your character died and you want to re-purpose them all together but don't want to remake and lose all that effort. I can understand that much. IF that isn't the case, no go for me. If it is then I'm all for it.
[Image: BAWqB6P.png]
[Image: fa5d9fd2e3f77f27206bb134638b5f28.png]
I'm highly against this. This is highly anti-RP. People are already asking for name-changes enough as is, instead of playing the game.

I can understand why, the grind is awful for a new character, but people would absolutely abuse the everlasting Hell out of this.
Time to swap between several base stats and such and no one can tell until I do something specifically that indicates that i'm a certain race rather than just getting my sick buffs of the statistical kind. Yeehaw.

Yeah, no. I'm with Walrus here. Severely. Just get friends to grind you or something or make a grind build for early on then use the free stat reset. It's more bearable. Just.

God no, not fucking this.
I am for it, if its GM monitored similiar to name Change, or if its something lightweight like Human swapping into another human sub kind.

I don't think this breaks any RP at all, not more than people actually do already, like Sarin points out.
I... cannot get behind this in the slightest. This is something someone would abuse to crap. Not to mention you're just giving more for the GM's to do, they already have enough to do with Name changes and the occasional events when they crop up.

I'm with both Det and Mark on this one. If grinding is that much of an issue, as det said get help with grinding. Plenty of people do it despite it being awful to grind a new character.

Seriously though just please no.
[Image: Empress_of_Light.gif]
I'm against this. I play a *lot* of characters myself and even I would never want this. It would be very easy to abuse for both IC and OOC purposes.
[Image: Fern22.gif]
[Image: unknown.png]