Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lag Question to Other Players
Is anyone else getting immense lag when a monster/NPC talks, or when you open a menu, or when you start up the game? I've been asking other people, and I seem to be the only one.
[Image: rwFTX1T.png]
Depends on the type of lag. If it's the game window, as in it seems to not be responding, it might PC issues. If you the game loads fine and you're able to interact with the window but not get any response, that might be lag.
Damn, probably PC issues then. Thanks!
Old interface mode might help. Making the game window smaller might also help.
I apologize if I'm reviving an intentionally dead topic but I just wanted to note that I was experiencing the same issues to a most likely larger degree. I'm new to the server and enjoy playing SL2 very much, though it's hard to do so when I keep disconnecting/experiencing major lag at random intervals. I tried using the old interface mode as well as a smaller window but nothing seems to help. I know it may just be a PC problem or maybe even just a byond problem for me, but I figured it'd be better to bring this to you guys for your input before I try something stupid to fix this on my own.

Thanks in advance!
SL eats shitton of CPU. Check that first. (Task Commander should be able to give you a faint idea)
SL2 just lags naturally. I only use 30% of my memory and CPU, even with multiple instances of the game up.

Weather effects and being in areas with large maps (Read: outside) tend to make the client lag, regardless of computer power. Them's the breaks.
Check CPU uses, post your computer specs, things of that nature.
My lag got fixed, actually, when I shut down my PC and restarted it... which is pretty much a basic solution, so sorry for not trying that first when I was thinking of making this thread!
Specs:

Windows 7

Processor: AMD Athlon™ 64 x2 Dual Core Processor 5600+ 2.80 GHz

Installed Memory(RAM): 3.00 GB

System Type: 32-bit Operating System

Let me know if you need further information and I will monitor my CPU Usage and see what that tells me. Appreciate all the responses!