Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Racial Suggestions
I look at the whole package, not just the skills themselves. Wyverntouched for example have very high offensive growths, whereas Corbies don't have many stand-out growths. Most of their racial skills only apply if they're Airborne, too, which gives them an innate weakness if they rely too much on it (via the Bow's SP1 trait attack).
I'm pretty sure you immediately lose airborne should you end your turn. Also pretty sure that the SP1 trait from a bow is nigh useless because +100 crit. The thing that archers will have like 500 of anyways.
"[url=http://neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=4800#p4800 Wrote:Neus » Mon Feb 16, 2015 3:12 pm[/url]"]I look at the whole package, not just the skills themselves. Wyverntouched for example have very high offensive growths, whereas Corbies don't have many stand-out growths. Most of their racial skills only apply if they're Airborne, too, which gives them an innate weakness if they rely too much on it (via the Bow's SP1 trait attack).

I do just want to kind of say, Lupines don't get very many good racials, or growths. And it makes me disappointed that they're considered "fine". Zerans, I can understand a little bit, but at the same time, their racials don't even stand out, at all (minus the enchant bonus), because of how easily they can be ignored / mitigated; and again see FP when everybody else can.

With the way things are currently, and as I can agree; nobody wants certain races because their racials suck. Most of the time they can pick any race, slap on a good growth class, level up, and switch classes later, along with getting the more beneficial and powerful racials in the long run. Which in turn, makes people either flock to a meta of races because of the abilities (while others only play certain races because they like the animal represented or what have you). Which ends up with more of a race that in lore is scarce, than say humans, who are supposed to be dominant, but barely exist in game.

I'd hate to be a Zeran and see Alstalsia taken over by non-Zerans when it gets released.
Quote:OOC Devourer Of Souls: I did literally nothing and have never played YGO in my life.
OOC Black Chaos X: OOC Devourer Of Souls: no one activated zera ritual
OOC Blissey: HHHAHAHAAA
OOC Devourer Of Souls: That's fake.

Tengen Toppa [Image: 2zolp55.jpg] !!!
The only reason I think most of the people who go human do so for is for easy growths before they use legend extension to switch into another race. The 'Humans are Eevees' thread from the old forum was actually very accurate. Looking at the "whole package" in this case poses a problem, because many races with good growths can LE into races with good abilities. Not to mention with a random stat gain system, better growths does not necessarily mean better stats. The races with great abilities could very feasibly end up superior to most in stats that they have lower growth in. Racial abilities, however, are not variable. Currently if a race is better in abilities, it's just better, period.
[Image: jzdlBPn.png]
"[url=http://neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=4814#p4814 Wrote:Rockabye » Tue Feb 17, 2015 4:39 am[/url]"]Not to mention with a random stat gain system, better growths does not necessarily mean better stats. The races with great abilities could very feasibly end up superior to most in stats that they have lower growth in. Racial abilities, however, are not variable. Currently if a race is better in abilities, it's just better, period.

This is pretty much the case. It's not hard to use the Growth Calculator to pre-plan a character now before grinding and selecting your actual combat classes later on. Plus with 50% growth classes, and Style Blending, on top of talents and LE bonuses, getting stat growths isn't a chore. So "this race has good growths" when others can match up to them due to certain aspects kind of defeats the whole package thing in my opinion.

The same can be said the other way around. If a race has amazing racials, but shitty growths, it's not balanced at all. They can have great abilities, but they still suck as a race because their stats are shit. Stats and skills come hand in hand in combat. Otherwise you're just a fancy human with animal parts and pretty sparkles to throw at people that normal humans don't get (and of course humans suck too).
Quote:OOC Devourer Of Souls: I did literally nothing and have never played YGO in my life.
OOC Black Chaos X: OOC Devourer Of Souls: no one activated zera ritual
OOC Blissey: HHHAHAHAAA
OOC Devourer Of Souls: That's fake.

Tengen Toppa [Image: 2zolp55.jpg] !!!