Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I've fallen, but I can get up (Reactive Knockdown does not reduce momentum)
Like the title said, it's possible to recover from KD with 1M. This happens often in situations with Skip, which is normally infrequent, but the addition of Elytra, it became a real issue due to the role of this status effect in combat.

Steps to reproduce:

- The enemy needs to have Elytra equipped.
- You use anything that inflicts Knockdown. For this example let us use Domino Resonate.
- Spend 3M. Move or whatever, and have exactly 4M left.
- Use Resonate for 3M.
- The enemy will be knocked down, but the player will also be knocked down.
- But... since your turn is not over, thanks to 1M, you will still recover for free.

- Once your round ends, since you rose on the same turn, it won't be reduced. The next turn the player will have a free Knockdown immunity, and no momentum lost.

Knockdown should only be able to be recovered from if you have 3M, not 'if it is your turn'. Make it so if you don't, it prolongs to the next turn, or until you can pay the 3M price.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
The status effect makes it sound like you're meant to only be able to get up with 3 momentum, but is this even a bug? I can't help but think it would look ridiculous to be a sideways body on the floor casting spells or crane hopping or backflipping with your leftover 1 or 2 momentum.

I suppose we'll find out one way or another, if Dev clarifies.
No Kam, it's more as in:

If you can't pay 3M to recover from Knockdown, you won't stand up. The status won't fade and will be carried over to the next round, when then you'll have 7M, and use 3M to stand up.

As it is now, you can proc a stand-up event with 1M for some reason. And I don't really think you should be able to cast spells or use skills 'while' knocked down. That could be yet another fix needed for the status effect.
I had posted this into balance fu but, I recently had an idea regarding it. As far as things go Elytra doing this is not a bug but purely unfortunate.

However since to proc it perhaps there could be a stipulation that if you triggered the knockdown with less than 3m it ends your turn

The thing is, I don't think it's a knockdown problem more an elytra problem since no ones bothered by the skip thing, you can just save the knockdown for when they don't, but in this case they basically can abuse knockdown immunity for basically free "But 1m isn't free" it's free okay, it's not an attack. Anyways there's almost no downside to forcing a knockdown with 1m left.
I have been under the impression that KD requires 3 momentum *maximum* to get up, except for Turtle Shell.

That said, if this does get changed, be aware that it will make Elytra boots a bit too much to handle. It doesn't strike me as a bug personally, but boss man knows for sure.
[Image: Fern22.gif]
[Image: unknown.png]
The knockdown portion of the boots are to give a bit of counter to the crutch that is knockdown, MAs will still be able to bypass the boots by just getting up for free anyways so there's your counter to the boot's effect.

However the blunt res is an entirely different story, and has been a subject of debate already.
@Fern
This is less about the boots and more about how Knockdown works. The boots just made it more noticeable this small mechanical oversight on how KD Recovery works.