Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Old Cellsvich
I know this is a shot in the dark but, would it be possible to repurpose the old cellsvich into a new town entirely? The map is already there and with a few adjustments it'd be a nice spot for roleplay.

[Image: 4B8kCGm.jpg]

If it's something you'd rather not work on personally but don't mind, having the map in submissions would also be nice.
It'd be cool to see something done with it, yeah. Love the new map, but the old map is nostalgic, and could serve to be a pretty good small town somewhere
[Image: 400px-Nihilus%2C_the_Abyssal_Flame.gif]
Ending 145: Disappointed in Humanity
It might be best to put it in Submissions unless Dev has an idea in mind for it, this isn't a bad idea.
[Image: Fern22.gif]
[Image: unknown.png]
Turn this into Doraington. #BringTheFirePitBackButMakeItIntoAWaterPitLikeDevJokedThatOneTime
[Image: Y8FFQj7.jpg]
^Mercala's Favorite Apparently
[Image: To2mAPS.png](heh)
Wouldn't it just be weird to have an old version of Cellsvich floating around as a new town? Cellsvich's destruction and rebuilding was an IC event to happen and is probably still relevant today.

The only way I could see this ever being a thing is if the Statue of Memories teleported you to the old map, having it be a new town is honestly gonna be too weird to implement.
Spoops post_id=39781 time=1590009322 user_id=193 Wrote:Wouldn't it just be weird to have an old version of Cellsvich floating around as a new town? Cellsvich's destruction and rebuilding was an IC event to happen and is probably still relevant today.

The only way I could see this ever being a thing is if the Statue of Memories teleported you to the old map, having it be a new town is honestly gonna be too weird to implement.

I believe the intention is to remap it.
[Image: Y8FFQj7.jpg]
^Mercala's Favorite Apparently
[Image: To2mAPS.png](heh)
A lot of time has passed since the destruction of the old map - With a bit of a touch up to make it look different in some ways, but with the same general layout, you could say the town is a recently established one, one that took inspiration from the captial of old.
Blissey post_id=39782 time=1590009611 user_id=50 Wrote:
Spoops post_id=39781 time=1590009322 user_id=193 Wrote:Wouldn't it just be weird to have an old version of Cellsvich floating around as a new town? Cellsvich's destruction and rebuilding was an IC event to happen and is probably still relevant today.

I believe the intention is to remap it.

I mean I guess if its a request then I have very little issue, it'd need more than a few tweaks, but at that point why not just create a new town with old Cellsvich as a reference?
It'd take a lot more mapping than just working with the base and tweaking it to make it look better, and to be honest, I don't know if we'd have anyone on board willing to fully remap something like this who could do it well - our typical mappers are gone, or winding down. If someone talented were on board with taking the reference and using it to make something new and updated, it'd be amazing, tbh.
I don't really see any issue with doing a slight touch up to make it different from the original Cellsvich; the old design is really compact with a fair amount of RP locations that are easily accessible. It also massively reduces the amount of work it takes to make a new map entirely.

Not to mention, there's nothing prohibiting cities that look like the OG Cells.