Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Old Cellsvich
To reiterate, my intention originally was precisely what Walrus had said. If you disagree that's entirely fine though, just wanted to make sure the original request wasn't lost.
Whether editing a map is 'lazy' or not is generally subjective. If Dev found a map submission to be bad I figure he would just deny it. It's ultimately him that decides what gets in and doesn't after all.

The whole point of the thread is requesting the old Cellsvich map files to be made accesible for making the work easier with a mapping environment that's already considered hellish by a lot of people. I don't see why it can't be posted, considering anything "low quality" made with it would have to go through him first.

Not to mention that if he posted the north/west/east districts of Cellsvich, someone could likely get to tweaking them up to match the current town. As it stands, I see little reason for these files to not be put up - they would be infinitely more helpful than harmful.
[Image: Fern22.gif]
[Image: unknown.png]
I'm fine with this. My one request is do not make it Doraington.

I've uploaded a new version of the mapping editor with the old Cellsvich as an example map.

http://www.neus-projects.net/sl2mapping052420.rar

EDIT: Also, do not bother painting lighting areas. The new lighting system doesn't care about those. Lighting circles will automatically be generated in SL2 from any street_lamp time objs, so you don't even have to worry about it. (However since I just wanted to put this up quickly there's no update that includes the new lighting system so you can't really preview it in the editing environment, sorry about that.)
No Doraington? Make it Bellaux!
[Image: unknown.png]